Week 7 run 1 .... done

Not easy and I really didnt want to do it.

Yesterday went on a cycle ride and went much further than expected but needed to turn around to head back straight into a gale. Cycled for 30 minutes with a head wind even my cycling OH thought it was hard.

Anyway think my reluctance to start a run is my worry that I might fail (dont start cant fail). I desperately want to finish before my holiday in early July as I always use a treadmill so of course I have heaped the pressure on myself.

Never mind keep plodding on sorry for my ramblings but I think its good that I am thinking it through.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • ...that's why we're here, glendam....I did W7R1 this morning also, and was surprised by how I struggled...go figure.

But you know what? We DID it...and that's a good thing, huh?

I have an "event" scheduled on July 4th, and I desperately want to be able to make a decent showing...i.e. not be walking across the finish line...so, yes, putting the pressure on myself, also....

Anyway, congrats on your run this morning!

• you to gramma feel better again now but doubts will creep in by Saturday night.

Well done you for entering something too, I am not ready for that yet.

• Funny thing, I was looking FORWARD to today's run...really excited to be doing the longer times...and it was just tough! Guess that's the way it goes.

lol...the only reason I entered the race was to make SURE I didn't quit on C25K...so far, it's working....next to look for a 10K in the fall....

• You are not alone! I keep thinking I have reached my limit too. Iam sure loads of us on here can relate to your misgivings. If you dont finish a run, just forget you ever started it and start another one tomorrow. No one will tell Laura ;)

Its good that you write down your thoughts on here - love to reead them. Have a good holiday 8)

• Oops the 8) was supposed to be a sunglasses smiley :D

• That's 2 25 mins you've done - I think you've nailed this one - well done! :-)

• Thanks for the comments appreciate the support I get from the forum.

You may also like...