Couch to 5K
54,788 members87,276 posts

OMG I actually did it!!

OMG I actually did it!!

...And it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought!

I just had to share this with you all as you could see from my post the other day, I thought W3R1 seemed an impossible jump from week 2. It's really not though. I did it last night and here I am, alive and more positive than i was the other day! 😄

To anyone that's as nervous as I was, FOLLOW THE ADVICE given to you by all your fellow runners here and you'll be fine :)

After taking everyone's advice, things I changed to be able to complete W3R1 were:

1) stretch properly - I was static stretching before but that's wrong, I needed to do some dynamic moving stretches to warm up

2) *slow it down* - I could see my speed on the treadmill so this was easier to do. Previously on my runs I was on about 8km speed (i was out of breath always) for w3r1 yesterday I slowed it down to 7.2/7.3km and honestly 3 mins of light jogging was absolutely fine!

Dare I say it, I'm actually looking forward to my next run!!!!

Good luck everyone! 😊😊😊😊

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Try some outside runs too 👍🏽 It is harder but apparently you can ease the transition by setting an incline of 1 on a treadmill to simulate the outdoors. You’re doing fab 👍🏽

1 like

Thanks! I currently use an inclination of 2 on the treadmill (although I did have to bring it down to 1.5 on that 2nd 3min run yesterday!!)

I've signed up to Parkrun too, and my local park isn't too hilly but I can definitely feel the difference so trying to bring up my inclination a bit more as I get more comfortable with running 😊

Thanks for the tip :)

Wow well done! You’re powering through! 👌🏽

1 like

Thanks! Looking at your posts it looks like you are too... Good luck at parkrun today.. new PB?👌😉

1 like

🤔 we’ll see 😂

1 like

Yay! Well done you 🙌🙌

1 like

Very well done...moving on and having fun:)

Please take care not to move too far too fast:)

1 like

I'll try, i just love that feeling when you achieve that next run!

1 like

That is brilliant... we just have to take care to let the legs build up, like our enthusiasm... :)

1 like

Well done to you! Hold that feeling. 👍👍👍

1 like

You may also like...