IC thanks to bad back

Hi, following the good advice of fellow members, i decided to postpone w3 r1last night and just take the dog out for a gentle walk. Back was worse this morning when i woke, so dropped into Walk in Centre for some stronger painkillers & advice. Unfortunately advised to avoid running for at least a week while on course of anti inflammatories. If anyone had told me after 2-weeks into the programme I'd be this disappointed at the news, i would've laughed. It gets very addictive, very quickly this running malarkey!! Hope to be back at it next week

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Feel better soon... and carry on being sensible :)

• Look after your back! And then run. I have had horrendous back problems but am finding the running beneficial - but it's been a long journey, so look after your back first. And yes, it gets addictive sooo quickly!

• I've had a dodgy back since I slipped a disc way back in 2011. I have found that by sticking to the plan and ensuring I take 2 or 3 rest days rather than just one between runs I don't have a problem. I've even found that running has improved things as it's strengthened my core muscles. Rest up and then come back and take it steady. Happy running x

• Oh poor you - hope the rest does wonders and you're soon back out . Take care 🍀

• Have a good rest :-)

You may also like...