Couch to 5K
76,185 members โ€ข 107,712 posts

Wk7 R2...today was a good day ๐Ÿ˜€

This morning I headed out to run R2 Wk7 wearing my brand new running gear from my husband and son for Motherโ€™s Day...oh how times have changed ๐Ÿ˜

The first 5 minutes was a nightmare as I kept loosing my trousers, I must of looked as if I had ants in my pants as I kept awkwardly adjusting myself ๐Ÿ˜ฌ who knew there was a drawstring inside that I needed to tie ๐Ÿ˜‚ once I had tied my trousers up securely I was able to focus back on my run and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I ran through muddy puddles, enjoyed the scenery around the country park and kept singing out loud to my music I was listening too...opps!! Today was a good day and really hoping R3 on Friday will be just as enjoyable (without the trouser issue ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Happy running everyone!

14 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

That made me laugh out loud! Trouser problems and you still did a fab run! There will be no stopping you now. xx ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

๐Ÿ˜‚ I must of looked a right sight keep yanking up my trousers running along ๐Ÿ˜‚ x

1 like

Ha well done! Iโ€™ve just had to order new trousers as line donโ€™t have a string... nothing worse than losing ya trousers and your undrcrackers. Iโ€™ve just finished week 5. X

1 like

Yay! Well done on finishing Wk5 and youโ€™ll be flying with new trousers ๐Ÿ˜‚ x

1 like

Ah yes the secret drawstring - I have a pair of Norah Battyโ€™s that no matter how hard I look donโ€™t appear to have one. Itโ€™s a pity no-one tells you these things... like flat seam leggings, so you not end up with sandpaper like chafing..

Well done you on doing that run

1 like

I thought one pair of mine didn't, it was odd as they are Saucony. Then I found a little pink cord in the middle at the front inside. Happy days!

2 likes

Thanks Jancanrun ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ the things we put up with ๐Ÿ˜ณ

1 like

Go you! Sing away... and maybe checkout some new leggings:)

2 likes

Hoping now Iโ€™ve found the drawstring I wonโ€™t be having any more embarrassing runs...apart from singing out loud ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

Hi KattyG Jancanrun if you can make a small hole on the inside of your waistband and thread something through you have a drawstring in your waistband.

I have done this with two pairs of my tights (one pair has a flat trainer lace in them and the other has a round walking boot lace). It's a cheap and easy fix. I did do a sort of blanket stitch around they edge of the decent pair but didn't bother with the Aldi ones but both have stood up well to wearing and washing.

3 likes

Okay thatโ€™s a good idea, the Norah Battyโ€™s are very embarrassing but too new and too expensive to chuck...

2 likes

I have the same issue always forget to tighten. Did you have some fab new gear what is it like? ( i'm now obsessed!) X Go you, inspiring me from week 6 X

1 like

I was so excited my husband and son got me some Addis black running tights with a coral coloured stripe down the legs, coral running top and a charcoal running zip up hoodie...I already had coral coloured running shoes so Iโ€™m now very coloured coordinated ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ my face is always beetroot at the end so even that blends in ๐Ÿ˜‚

Youโ€™ll be running into Wk7 before you know it x

How fab they match! looking like a runner makes you a runner! Thanks really enjoying it at present X Beetroot goes with coral X

1 like

You may also like...