Couch to 5K
57,423 members89,945 posts

Completed Week 8!

Eeeeeeek! I've started and re-started and re-started C25K but never before have I come so far (usually dropped out around Week5 - Week7). Completed my third run of Week8 and only went 4.45KM on the treadmill INCLUDING the 5-minute warm-up and warm-down walks. I muffle my inner critic that yells I'm a gross underachiever shuffling so slowly that I ought to be embarrassed. Instead, I choose to remind myself that I can now run 28 minutes without stopping and that this is enormous progress from where I was even one month ago.

Woot Woooooooot!

7 Replies
oldestnewest

28 minutes..... wowoowowoowow! Well done you!

1 like

Keep at it, this time you're going to get all the way to graduation! Well done! :)

Also, just ignore that distance total, I doubt you're alone with that kind of figure for that run. ;)

Yay, well done. Keep going. You’re nearly there.

Well done, I start week 6 today x

The 5 minute warm up/cool down is only 0.5 Km (that is at 6 kmph) so you are doing fine. Remember the aim of C25K (despite the name) is to get to able to run for 30 minutes continuously not run 5K (though if you can -even better!)

1 like

I had exactly the same reaction when I realised I had run about 3K on my 25 minute run this morning - but so pleased to be able to shuffle along for 25 minutes now! On week 7. Just keep going 🏃🏻‍♀️

1 like

Well, this is one reason why I signed up to run my first 5K race in late April (along with the fact that weather tends to be quite cold and slushy in Toronto, 'til mid-April). From reading ahead, and knowing myself, I recognized that while I might be able to finish C25K by late February, I'd need more time to get to a comfortable 5K run.

Just last night I found an excellent program called "the one hour runner." It's like C25K but starts with one being able to run half an hour, 3 times/week and very gradually over the course of 10 weeks works one up to being able to run a non-stop hour. I wish there were an accompanying free podcast, as there was for C25K - Laura's cheery encouragement was a definite motivation. As with the C25K program, T1HR might well require me to take much longer than the stated/intended # of weeks, but I know that following this plan will help get me ready for the April 29th 5K race. There's no rush! I was on the sofa for many a decade, so I don't expect to get fit in only a few months: just want to continue my journey towards better health and show my wee child that it's never too late to make positive life changes.

1 like

You may also like...