Couch to 5K
79,063 members โ€ข 110,359 posts

YAY!!!So Happy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ W9 R3 completed

Cannot believe that I have finally completed C2 5K. I tried to run before this but hated it and gave up several times. Thank you everyone for the motivation & support youโ€™ve given me, inc tips along the way. โ€œslooow ๐Ÿข๐ŸŒ & steadyโ€ has definitely seen me through.

I am on such a high at the moment, weather was awful but I was so excited it didnโ€™t bother me. For everyone who is doing this programme โ€œyou can do this !!โ€ Listen to the tips from those on this forum, it really does make a difference. Good Luck ๐Ÿ€ xx

Btw, where do I go next?

35 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Well done and congrats. First of all,consolidate your running three times a week at the 5km level. Then take a sneaky peek at the Bridge to 10k group, if thatโ€™s what you want to do.

Some folk like to focus on speed and the speed podcasts help there. Oh and not forget parkruns. They are often a real boost post graduation.

But first of all just enjoy the view from that podium.

Happy running

2 likes

Thank you, I will definitely give it a try, thereโ€™s a park run not too far from me and itโ€™s flat ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Congratulations graduate, great achievement ๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿ…โญ๏ธ

Dont forget to request a badge here

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Thank you, Iโ€™ve really enjoyed it ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Well done! Itโ€™s a wonderful sense of achievement, hey?

I graduated before Xmas and am doing an occasional Parkrun and also running 2-3 times per week trying new routes, etc. Getting bored now so need some structure too, maybe train for 10K ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

๐Ÿ˜ฏ thatโ€™s fab, sounds good, I will look at a park run and itโ€™s flat ๐Ÿ˜Š

Congratulations kmc๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ You did it and finished with a 5k too๐Ÿ˜Š.....

We'll done, go get your badge and there is a link there about what to do next,,,,

Enjoy your celebrations Graduate๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š xx

1 like

Woohoo well done that's an awesome achievement. Step up to that podium and enjoy the party ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Congratulations fellow runner.

This post may be useful to you healthunlocked.com/couchto5...โ€ฆโ€ฆ.what-next

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

Sorry I just sent that... late to the party.. as usual x

1 like

Thank you Oldfloss ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Over to the podium!

Huge congratulations and very well done.... Consolidation is the name of the game....:)

After the Graduation party check the info in this link out... it is all there :)

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Fantastic! Well done you. Enjoy the view from that podium - youve earned it. (and please keep it warm as I'm just about to start Week 9 so hope to see you up there soon!)

2 likes

Hi Seaskimmer great to hear from you. Weโ€™ll both be graduating Feb 2018, who would have thought it ๐Ÿ˜œ

1 like

I know. I still remember how hard those first few runs were. 1 minute felt like an eternity and I thought my ankles would shatter from the strain! Amazing how quickly they (& I) toughened up. 3 more to go. Only getting out about once a week at the moment but it'll still be soon. ๐Ÿ˜†

2 likes

I know, canโ€™t believe that I actually enjoy it and want to run ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I previously hated running and never understood why people did it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

ooooo exciting.... :)

1 like

Hi Oldfloss how do I get my badge, what do I have to go on?

I have requested it but had a few problems with my phone so not sure if itโ€™s gone through ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Fantastic- dance on that podium & brandish that badge! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Enjoy the next step of your running adventure.

When I graduated, I treated myself to a new playlist of favourite music to jolly me along on my consolidation runs. Running to jazz is soooo dance flavoured! ๐Ÿ˜„

1 like

Thank you......Sounds good, loving the 80โ€™s at the moment. Hoping that was the first of many 5ks, looking forward to the next step . ๐Ÿ˜Š

Many congratulations, you deserve to feel very proud ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

so pleased for you :) brilliant!

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Whoop whoop!! Well done!!! Iโ€™m just enjoying a glass of wine so Iโ€™m dedicating it to you & your graduation!!! Brilliant!!!

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Excellent, very well done!

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

You may also like...