Couch to 5K
64,005 members97,064 posts

W5R1 Completed!

W5R1 Completed!

Hi Everyone, new to this community. I'm not a runner, have always been adamant that I 'hate' running but I'm managing with this app and a running buddy and I haven't complained once!

About 5.5st overweight and looking to improve my general fitness levels with a view to doing my local Parkrun after I complete the programme.

Got x2 8min runs tomorrow...any advice folks. My pace is naturally slow and steady and I find my shins hurt quite early on. (Played a lot of netball in my youth.)

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Actually you are a runner now.

I had various aches and pains for the whole programme. Eventually the shins stopped aching. However, don't run through serious pain and/or continue if it's getting worse. You are the best person to judge it.

3 likes

Hiya I did that run yesterday. I did first 8mins on the seafront , I was sooo happy. I had a knee niggle on the warm up but it went. Second 8 mins did in the park on the grass, although soggy ish , it gave me a softer landing. You can do it , just keep it slow ... good luck. Knee had a pain after the run so am taking two rest days .

2 likes

Welcome and well done.

Have you read the guide to the plan?

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

Indeed you ARE a runner!

2 likes

Hi BevBeep, well done on competing Wk 5 R1.....you are doing brilliantly😊

Good luck with R2 nice and steady.You will do it Runner!😊xx

1 like

You may also like...