Week 8 completed

My 9 yr old grandson came with me today to make sure I was fine running in the woods. I have not done a run yet without support from at least one member of my family. I suspect they still think I might keel over any minute. Anyway learning from Thursday's mistake of overdressing I set off more suitably dressed. I've still no idea what distance I've covered but 9yr old covered the distance so easily, back and forth and even walking while I slowly and steadily ran for the 28 minutes. I did it, that is week 8 done and only 2 extra minutes to run next week. It is only a few weeks since I struggled running for 2 minutes. I will probably grin for the whole weekend now.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done blueboots!!

• ditto

well done!!

• That's great and such an achievement :)

• That's amazing!!! Well done you :-)

• Well done :-)

• Week 8 is very impressive - and your family still don't believe you can run! Nice of them to go with you though :)

• I agree, it is lovely having the company and now that I can also talk a bit when I 'run' it is especially nice to run with my grandsons.

• Wow! What a lovely family!! Good on you for achieving so much, I am on week 7 and dreading it!:( xxx

You may also like...