Couch to 5K
64,384 members97,453 posts

Week 7 done and feeling great!

Just completed the final run of week 7 tonight. That’s four times I have run for 25 minutes in the last 8 days.

Today instead of using my trusty MP3 player for the podcast I took my phone with a running app to see how far I ran. After the 25 minutes was up I carried on running until the app told me I had run 4K, another half a minute. During these longer runs I felt that my pace was pretty consistent and today the app confirmed this with times of 6:26, 6:25, 6:22 and 6:11 for each km. The last was only quicker because Laura told me to step up the pace in the last minute if I felt up to it.

I feel that week 7 has been the turning point in the programme for me. Until now I was trusting that the programme would work from the advice of others here on the forum, but now I know it DOES work. I can run, I am a runner!

Bring on week 8!

7 Replies
oldestnewest

👏👏👏

1 like

Well done. I also found week 7 was the point that I realised I could finish the programme. Not long now!

1 like

Ditto

I am am going to do r2 for W7, I am using my phone for podcast, can I use another app to map the run? Please advise.

I'm using my phone to play the podcast and an app called Map My Run.

Thanks

Wow that is a fast pace!

You may also like...