Couch to 5K
60,415 members93,071 posts

Wk 3 R 2

Wk 3 R 2

I found R2 harder than R1 today. Possibly because trying to run into a strong head wind is harder lol. No donkey today to share my 3 min success to but i did tell the visiting sheep in a different field of how much easier i found the second burst of 3 mins than the first burst........obviously made easier due to the change of direction and then a tail wind.

All in all im so far enjoying week 3 which is an achievement in itself as i never thought i would enjoy running lol 😃

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Fab you are enjoying it. I found r2 of w2 harder i tjought i was going to die. Hoping r3 goes a bit smoother. Wonder why i found it harder i didnt do anythinf differently.

Im finding R2's harder on all weeks so far, maybe its psychological

It may be you are running a little faster due to confidence you have done it once already. Just slow down a little.

1 like

That would make sense

1 like

You may have had wind ...........but you did it!

Great run, you are doing great.

1 like

I did the same today! And I found it the same- first one hard, second one easier! Think it’s because I concentrated on being slow the second time, and I actually ran a tiny bit longer than 3 mins, just to see if I could!!

Was feeling on cloud 9, then a couple of school mums ran past me as I walked home, and they were properly running and made me feel all rubbish!! Lol

Looking forwards to a third try- hope you are too!!

1 like

Oh my god so did it.......I know its naughty but I felt great and really didn't want to stop on the second burst so I thought I would time myself another 1 min.

Its such a great feeling that you feel like you go continue, I am taking it that I am improving but I have also noticed I feel like I'm recovering quicker.

I am looking forward to R3 - Catch up after??

Oh yes, for sure! Hoping to try that at the weekend!

1 like

I was just the same last night - I blame the headwind 😊. At least we’re doing it. Hope R3 is good for both of us!

1 like

its tough when it is so windy I think and I seemed to take a while to warm up today but once I had I felt better and like I could go further. Keep me updated on your R3 ;-)

Well done, you’re amazing!

1 like

ah thanks

Hi there!

I just did run 3 of week 3 and I’m still alive!! Whoop!

It was the first time I’ve nearly not gone out- it’s friday night, i was tired, Cosy watching tv with my babies, freezing out...

But I layered up and got myself out there, and it was so surprisingly easy!! I definitely could have run longer than 3 minutes!

Bring on week 4!

Hope you have got on ok too 🏃🏼‍♀️

2 likes

Well done you. Thats a massive battle won just getting out there. I have loved week 3 but i will be honest im dreading week 4

2 likes

Yes, 5 minutes!!! 😬😬

You may also like...