Couch to 5K
65,247 members98,608 posts

Wk 2 R2

Wk 2 R2

Just completed Wk 2 R 2 and im thinking can a week be repeated?

I dont feel like im only one run away from what ever week 3 has 😱

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Hiya i read u can repeat a week. I may do the same. I am particularly unfit so feel i may need to take the program at a slower rate. I did complete my run yesterday tho dispite getting soaked righ through. It was actually quite refreshing running in the pouring rain!

2 likes

Well done on completing your run in the rain. Its tough at the min with the weather and not as easy to get out in it.

I think I may be the same and have to set myself longer goals than most. I found today particularly tough and thought whilst I was running I may need to repeat these more before week 3. I will have a look what week 3 entails but I feel I may be another week away and not just one more run.

If you feel really like you can’t do it then repeat a week, but I would trust in the plan! I was sooo out of breath at the end of the run at week 2 and I’ve just done my first run of week 3 and it wasn’t that bad. You are still running for the same amount of time just with less gaps :)

3 likes

So the time running doesn't increase? I cant seem to find the breakdown on here at the moment :-)

Yeah I would send a screenshot but it won’t let me! But you run for 90 seconds, have a break, then run for 3 minutes and then repeat the cycle again. So you’re only running for 9 mins in total again! :)

hi! Do ultimately what makes you feel comfortable and confident (without over-doing it :) ). There isn't anything that says you can't repeat a week, or even parts of a week (maybe you just need one extra week 2 run to feel confident). You do need to progress eventually to finish, of course :)

The enouragement you will get from here though is that when you have completed a run, however hard it was, you are ready to move on. If you then don't quite make the next run, call it a practice run and try again after a rest day. Practice runs are common and totally fine as they all contribute to your running practice.

3 likes

Oh - and well done on your progress so far! You're doing great. Take each run slowly :)

You are in control.

Read the guide to the plan healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

It is important to believe that you can move on, not pander to your pessimism.

I don't see an issue re-taking a week but why not give W3 a go before making that decision?

Do W2 R3 and you will be better for it and in a better place to do W3 R1.

Then try W3 R1 and if it is a step too far then re-take Week 2

Have faith in the programme and more importantly yourself!

Good Luck P

2 likes

I think I will do R3 first but I may have more than one rest day in between. Ive also got a little blister starting so I might feel the benefit of more than one rest day before starting Wk3.

You may also like...