Couch to 5K
60,563 members93,206 posts

WK 6 R2 tonight!

Feel prepared. Have really upped my fluid intake this week in the hope it will ease my calf cramps. I have always been so terrible at not drinking during the day but I have had a 2 litre bottle of squash (sugar free) on my desk every day this week (and I have been drinking it, not just looking at it!). This will be my new habit. I am not going to think about Saturdays 25 minutes...ooops just did :-)

Bring on tonight.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

you want to up that by another litre at least, more if it is hot and on run days

2 likes

Yes its 2 litres at work then lots more when I'm home, thanks for the advice tho. Going from zero water to 3 litres is hard lol. Not to mention on the old bladder but I need to change my ways. I noticed I haven't had one of my regular headaches either this week so it's all good :-)

It does take a while to adapt but the benefits are tremendous: better sleep(apart from getting up to have a pee), better skin, better digestion...

Take the advice of the Rig! Hydration is key.. and check this post out ...

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

That's really useful, thank you for posting that

I'm due to do R3 tomorrow. Good luck. Keep us posted.

I did it. First 10mins was tough but got into the 2nd as I usually do on all runs. Feel fab

1 like

You may also like...