Couch to 5K
62,275 members95,034 posts

New Year 5K

We had a midnight 5K here to see in the New Year so how could I resist. I started C25K in September so I'm still very new to running and wanted to mark my ongoing intentions to keep going. Anyway, this was my 3rd 5K race and I managed to down my time by 1 minute. Still slow but slowly improving. I can't say I loved it, the final mile was a definite slog but I resisted all urges to walk and finished. It was amazing how many people were there - over 350 people completed the race with all kinds taking part from the walkers through to the real racers. I hope this will prove to be the first of many runs in 2018.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

sounds lovely! And well done on the new pb. What a way to bring in the new year!

1 like

Excellent run, sounds great fun too!

1 like

Love the commitment running on New Year's Eve and well done on your achievement 👏

1 like

Sounds like an excellent start to the New Year.. well done you!

Congratulations and Happy New Year, so that was a race that lasted two years, started 2017, ended 2018, I got that idea from the late Kenny Everette, in the 70's he had a radio program every New Year's Eve that started at 11 pm and ended at 1 am, his announcement at the start was ' welcome to the show that lasts 2 years', I thought that could also apply to any Midnight 5k's that started in the old year and ended in the new one.

You may also like...