Couch to 5K

First ever Parkrun!

So having not quite managed 5k in the 30 mins of the programme I decided as a graduate of one week that I was ready for my first Parkrun in King’s Lynn this morning. I did it - just! 38.53 - there were only 15 people slower but I don’t care! They were serious runners - I really don’t like running on tarmac - I never do normally but I will have to do it to get used to it I know.

Anyway 4 months ago I couldn’t run for 60 seconds so I’m pretty pleased with myself 😁

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done. I haven't done one yet. I like to run early. Time I had a go though. I just have visions of being constantly overtaken by expensive off road baby buggies or designer cross breed doodlepoo dogs.

1 like

Yep that’s pretty much it 😂. Don’t care- I did it 😁

Now you have an official time to chip away at.

Well done.

2 likes

Well done you!

1 like

Congratulations on your new PB. I’m looking forward to doing my 20th Parkrun next week. It is a fantastic way to kick off the weekend.

2 likes

Well done you that is fantastic and so you should be pleased with yourself 👏.

I did my 4th park run today just down the road in Norwich and I wasn't that much quicker than you.

I get lapped by loads of runners but I don't care, I'm certainly faster than those sitting on the couch or still in bed at 9.00 am!

2 likes

Well done Carolyn - at least I know where I’m aiming now 😁. I know the main reason is that I’m so heavy - when I started he programme in August I was 15 stone 8 - I’m now 14 5 but I have to seriously focus on the training and diet elements after 1st Jan. What’s great is that for the first time in a long time I know I can get back down under 12 if I carry on. And then I’ll get faster 😂

1 like

You certainly can do it. Happy New Year and New You!

1 like

Thanks and to you! Maybe we’ll eventually coincide somewhere at a Norfolk Parkrun 😀

1 like

That's great, go you! 😀

1 like

Really well done 👍

1 like

You may also like...