Couch to 5K
62,620 members95,422 posts

20 mins, I made it!! Goodbye Week 5!!

Beautiful but cold day. Not run for a week... and before that it was another week... it's been hard with travelling for work lately, but I've still been progressing through the runs.

I doubted I could manage the 20 mins, but kept telling myself it's just another track - run till the end of this one.. then the next one... and then that was it!!! My husband ran with me, which was just fantastic (even if I did have my headphones in and he was having to reduce his usual pace so much... he didn't seem to mind! :-) ). One of the reasons for doing this is so I can go with him when he goes to park runs and not just sit in the car!!

So - now onto week 6. Really need to try and pack trainers this week and not wait another week to do that. I'm telling myself it may still be possible to graduate & do 5k before 2018, that was my goal. Still possible right...?

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Yep pack your trainers and yep it's possible , park run 2018 and very well done on your run today

2 likes

Another week 5 graduate. Well done. It’s a great feeling, isnt it, makes you realise the longer runs are within our reach. Dont be complacent about week 6 run 1. I did it tonight and it was not as easy as it looked, though I did manage to run further.

Thanks. At the moment I'm trying to get my kit dry so I can take it with me for Tuesday.....

1 like

Not that i was suggesting you were complacent,i was meaning me really.

No, understood. Was dreading W5R3, so after today then can be fuelled on the positive energy for a bit... ;-)

My daughter just finished week 6 and didnt find any of it a problem

1 like

You may also like...