Couch to 5K
57,587 members90,073 posts

W6R2

Well I’m glad that one is over. I stepped out of the door and though ‘Blimey that’s cold’ so proceeded to don running bottoms and long sleeve base layer with polyester t shirt over.......big mistake! I set out with the intention to do 2 x 1mile but that was scuppered after the first mile, I was sweating profusely 😓 After the walk and discarding the t shirt, I set off again but stuck to the 10mins. Can’t say I particularly enjoyed the session but hey ho, we all have off days From now on it’s just t shirt and shorts! 😊

Still looking forward to Saturday and R3

Happy running guys 🏃‍♀️🏃🏃‍♀️🏃

18 Replies
oldestnewest

It was a bit nippy today wasn't it? I wore my long running tights for the first time today, and gloves! The gloves came off fairly soon but I was glad of my long sleeves and long tights :-)

1 like

I was cold on my last run - at the beginning. However by the end I was just comfortable. Mind you (as a woman of a certain age) I am always too warm :)

3 likes

That must apply to me then, being a man of a certain age 😊🤓

2 likes

Know that feeling!! 2.5tog quilt all year and still too hot!!! 🤣😊

3 likes

Know that feeling!! 2.5tog quilt all year and still too hot!!! 🤣😊

I’m doing Week 6 Run 2 tomorrow! I’ll wrap up warm! Always chilly up here in Scotland!! 😀

Enjoy your run tomorrow Sara. I was probably just having a off day, the first one tbh.

Roll on Sat 😊

1 like

Thank you! And I hope your run on Saturday goes well! 😀

1 like

It may get chillier... but never, ever wear polyester!!!! Sweat city!

Don’t I know it, I’m toying with Merino wool.....your thoughts?

1 like

Merino wool.. yes... and weirdly Aldi or was it Lidl had some of these in store last week.. and cheap!

1 like

Will have to check that out 😊 Thanks for the heads up oldfloss 🤓

I’ve looked at some of the dedicated running tops and most seem to be Polyester/Elastane.

I’m using my motorcycle base layers at the moment and they’re all polyester! 😬

1 like

Right.... well it may be me then....but I avoid polyester at all costs..!

Have you worn Merino Wool? Supposed to have excellent wicking qualities. Keeps you warm in winter and cool in summer....apparently! 🤔

Well done anyway!!!

2 likes

Still a good run though Ted, well done..!!

I overdressed a couple of weeks ago - roasted myself 😔 ... again, woman of a certain age ... blah, blah ...

Preparing to head out shortly and it's FREEZING out there. I think I may be hearing my vest calling..!! 😉

Keep up the great work..!! 🤗

Good run yes, but I didn’t feel comfortable.

Have a good run this evening 😊

Look forward to your post 😀x

1 like

You may also like...