Couch to 5K
54,875 members87,394 posts

Not pretty, definitely not gazelle like..... but I've done it!!!! 😊

Week 9 has been pretty tricky for me and for one reason and another I've had to spread it over 3 weeks!!!! But...drumroll please! Tonight I finally completed it....run 3 in the bag....I must say it was really hard going and a couple of times I wasn't sure if I was going to make it.....but determination and sheer bloody mindedness enabled me to get through it!!! I feel immensely proud of the 47 year old girl who just over 12 weeks ago couldn't run a bath and now really can 'run' 30 minutes!!! Amazing.......so I shall enjoy my achievement and try and work out what next?

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done 👍 I'm due to do my final run of week 9 on Friday. I still can't believe that I can actually run 😀

2 likes

Well done ! I have 2 more runs and then I will be graduating too it definitely is a good feeling of achievement 😃 10k is next lol

1 like

Well done 🏆. I just did wk9r1 and after 12 minutes in thought I would pack in, but as you persevered and did it , but still got another 2 runs to do.

What are plans for running now ?

1 like

Thank you!

I really don't know, I never imagined I'd get to this point! I think I would like to work towards a 10K but for the next few weeks I'll just try and run as much as I can.......!

Well done you!! You achieved it, you did it. Something to really be proud of 👍🏻

1 like

Congratulations and very well done... !

Now.. well party time... some runs....just because you can....and then loads of consolidation of the 30 minute runs... and vary the routes and the distances.. then maybe C25K+ podcasts? Different and testing different disciplines..... then.. maybe move to the Bridge to 10K forum... loads of advice there...

But for now.. bask in the glory!

3 likes

Well done JJnicmum ....doesn’t matter how long it’s taken...the girl has done it & that’s fantastic!!! I shall raise a glass to you tonight....🥂

1 like

Congratulations. So pleased for you 🙌🏻🎉🎈🙋🏻😀

1 like

Way to go! That's brilliant and I am cheering as you climb up on the podium. Enjoy the limelight and your fabulous achievement. Your are a runner! 🎉🏆🥇

1 like

Congratulations and well done JJnicmum 😊🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

It is amazing how much difference it makes when you successfully complete this plan. You are right to feel proud of yourself, you have worked hard to get to that podium...👏👏👏👏👏

Happy running 😊x

2 likes

Well done you! Brilliant:)

1 like

You may also like...