2 ninths through

Week 2 in the bag and I went out while it was raining. I’m not sure that wasn’t for this forum I would do more than look at my running shoes wistfully. Instead I have a virtual gallery of eyes checking up on me, patting my back and never patronising Thanks

They are building some houses about half way through my chosen route , I should take a photo each week to see the progress , perhaps I’ll be able to give cheery wave to the first owners by week 9👋

I can’t say that I enjoy the running, but I enjoy the air on my face and the seeing the variety of people out at all times on the local Bure Valley way. The shoppers lugging home straining carriers, the dog walkers, the cyclists, mums and children off to school, tandem buggy pushers ambling and chatting, the local youths hanging about studying phones and kicking balls. All will offer me a smile whether of amusement or sympathy it doesn’t matter it’s a smile and perhaps one day I’ll see a fellow couch to 5k and share that look of grim determination as we walk run past each other .

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds lovely to me 🙂 Well done for getting out in the rain 👍

• Well done, not being daunted by the weather. That's not a luxury we UK runners have...

• Too right, my thinking has been that if I can do this in the cold dark windy wet weather to come then I shall be a gazelle in the spring 🏃‍♀️

• And I just looked up Bure Valley, not being familiar with it. I've now bookmarked the web page for the railway there, since my son (and his parents) really love steam engines!!!

• It’s not full size but a charming line run by enthusiasts we also have the Poppy line in Sheringham full size engines there !

• Beautiful :)

• You will and it will be brilliant :)

• Lovely post.. well done you. So much out there to take in and to see..you should diary log your runs, as I did all through that first year :)

Keep it slow and steady and you will soon be waving to folk on Week 9 :)

You may also like...