10K. I am speechless

10K. I am speechless

Well after last weeks debacle I found my mojo hiding under my trainers as one of you said and have just ran my first ever 10K. Fell down at 8k so ran final 2 with bloody knee but I don’t care because I am wonderful (chuffed as you can see)

I am 55, 4 years ago I had a hip replacement. I don’t know what made me start running in May for the first time in my life but so glad I did. THANK YOU to all of you who encouraged me to do this.

Maybe not exactly speechless! 😘

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

28 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Wow !!!!

Simply brilliant!!!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• That is absolutely amazing mate, I'm hoping to do 10k in the near future, when did you graduate? because 10k is a great achievement. 😊

• Graduated end of July. Doing parkruns and slowly building up

• Excellent, I did my first park run on Saturday, loved it.

• Wow great respect for you πŸ‘πŸƒ

• Yay well done πŸ˜€

• Amazing!! You're an inspiration 😊 And I love the run map, it looks mad and erratic and makes me happy!! I picture you chasing fun things like dogs or butterflies all over that park. And your knee war wound will be a reminder of what a warrior you are!! πŸ’ͺ

• Squirrels!

• Haha I knew it was something fluffy and fun! πŸ˜‚

• Awesome job, well done! πŸ‘πŸ»

• Wow! What a distance! What pace! What steep hills! (I run in the park too). I am 56, 3 runs from graduation, and so inspired by you Kim Lou lou. A fantastic achievement. Well done.

• Nora, do you run in Greenwich Park? If so do you fancy joining me on this?

theraceorganiser.com/race-c...

• How lovely of you to ask. I'd love to, but I can't run 10k! Maybe a 5k run, but I haven't even run that far yet. Please ask me again in a couple of months. In the meantime, I'll be practicing running some hills, I avoid them at the minute.

• They do a 5k one too!

• And greenwich parkrun is great - doesnt matter if you have to walk some of the way - i do

• How about we meet up at a Parkrun? In about a month, after I've graduated. It'll give me something to work towards. I'm too chicken to do the one you've suggested.

• Let me know when you feel comfortable to go. I go to Greenwich (which is in Avery Hill Park) but this week trying Bexley (Danson Park). Only problem i have is it is too early on a Saturday morning...

• Thanks Kim, I will. See you in a month or so.

• That’s fantastic. And what a great time. Go you! 🌟

• Fabulous achievement. Well done!

• Congratulations! Very well done. You ran your first 10k in exactly the same time as mine, to the second!

Glad you found your mojo !

• That's weird!!

• That is bloody fantastic a massive hearty well done bloody knees and all

• Mo jos like being taken out for long runs.....

• You seem to be quite good at this running lark. Well done! Great speed too.

πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘¨β€πŸŽ“

• Wow - amazing! You have inspired me to register for a couple of 10k's I have been umming and ahhing about. Thanks.

• Absolutely brilliant! Well done to you!!πŸ‘

• Congratulations Kim! That is a huge milestone! πŸ† I'm trying to get there now too.

You may also like...