Couch to 5K
52,795 members • 84,887 posts

Pouring Down

Well I've been up since 6.30am been looking forward 2 WK4R1 but it's now nearly an hour later and I still haven't been out 4 my run it's absolutely pouring down🌧 and not letting up 😡 what do i do ? I love my early morning run I can't even put it off till later 2 day as I'm flat out right until bed time do i just risk it and go even though I've got a cold cumin this will only make it worse and put me out of action 4 a while HELP ...PLEASE rain STOP 😭

15 Replies
oldest • newest

I was going to say just do it, but with a cold coming on....wait until tomorrow :)

It doesn't matter, another rest day might help your next run :)

I've got set days ie Mon Wed Fri as it's the only time I can do it

Wednesday would be fine too. Ask yourself 'How will I feel if I don't run today?' The answer will tell you what to do :)

1 like

I'd feel annoyed and upset so here goes 🖒

1 like

Just go out and get wet! If you had been out before it started raining you would be out in the rain now....I was at a triathlon on Saturday when the heavens opened with stair-rods of rain falling from the sky and the athletes just carried on running the half marathon run.

4 likes

U know what ur right .....move over rain I'm cumin through 🤣😉🖒

1 like

Enjoy - one of the best runs I had was in the rain being splashed from head to foot by cars!

1 like

You can only get so wet!

1 like

If it's any help I did my first bucket run yesterday it was fine, running kept me warm I looked like a drowned rat, the only issue was slipping on polished tarmac going uphill. I made sure I had a nice fluffy towel and hot shower awaiting... I didn't feel cold at all. So if you went I hope you enjoyed your bucket run..

1 like

Thanx Jancanrun yes I did exactly that 😉

1 like

Button up and get out there.. i got drenched on Friday.. and it was amazing...hot shower and honey and lemon when you head back home:)

1 like

Did you go? I've just got back from W4 R2, got utterly soaked. The warm up walk was pretty cold and miserable but once I got running it was fine.

2 likes

Yes I did and so glad I did it 😃

Well done on braving the rain, I'm sure it was worth it!

1 like

It certainly was 😃

You may also like...