A tad on Injury couch

It's been 3 or 4 weeks now since my pain in the ball of foot occurred after trying to get up on my toes running some hills.😢 And although it has eased off and have still been able to run, but later after I've run I can feel some discomfort in the middle toes when walking (metatarsalgia) so am reluctant to run much, and have not done any Sunday club runs for the last 2 weeks, and only ran just over 4k on Thursday, so am dissapointed I'm not out with my club friends😩, but think it's wise to rest up a tad, as don't want the foot problem to go on, but looking forward to getting out in the week and seeing how it goes, and maybe a club run next Sunday, and progress.😊

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have you thought of seeing a physiotherapist Dave? It is taking a long time for the pain to go away.

• Will do if it keeps up, thanks

• I think you are right to rein things in a bit, frustrating though that is. Hope it settles soon for you, but I agree with bobtillyoudrop that a visit to a good physio might be in order Dave. Take care🙂.

• Sorry to hear that Dave, have you tried a spikey ball to massage the sole of your foot? Hope it doesn't persist too much.

• No, not one of those Frank, did use a cold can and rolled that. From yesterday it's been much better, have given it a rest from running, since Thursday, will give it until Wednesday then try a run.. Cheers..

• Sorry to hear this Dave

Hope it improves with some rest and TLC xxx

• It seems to be popsx

• Sorry to hear you are having problems - hope it clears up soon.

• Thanks AR

Have you been enjoying Nonsuch & Banstead woods lately?

• Haven't been for a few weeks Dave - but that's because I have been in Auckland!! Did go to a parkrun there. Do plan to write something on here about it but at the moment if I sit still for too long I fall asleep. Linda

• I'm OIC too, shove up and make room! Here's a nice cup of virtual tea for you.....Very sensible to rest until you're better, but it's hard isn't it? I'm feeling very sorry for myself, and my shoes!

• Cheers curly..

You may also like...