Couch to 5K
62,590 members95,396 posts

so much aching! W7 running and yoga

Busy exercise week! Week 7 started on Tuesday. Then I did Strength and Flex on Weds evening! Then a hard yoga class yesterday evening, which was supposed to be a nice return after a summer break ... not so ... all my muscles and several I didn't know I had ached this morning ... but this evening I returned home so stressed and foggy-minded that I knew a run would clear the brain, despite the physical aches. So off I went with the knowledge that even a jogette would help, and lo and behold week 7 run 2 was completed with the help of Craig Charles and Jo Whiley and a crowd of people sitting outside a pub.

I've absolutely no idea how I'm going to get out of my sports straitjacket*, though. It hurts to raise my arms!

*also I'm downgrading the Bounce rating to a 4, it's already getting less ...restraining ... time for even more bra-gain hunting

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done... maybe ease up a tad and be kind to yourself! Slow and steady does it... I have the Under Armour bras.. three of them... the best out there:)

2 likes

Ahah, but more exercise is me trying to be kind to myself! I do need to sort out a reasonable timetable though. Still trying to decide when to exercise and how much in the morning and when to do it in the evening - it does "set you up" for the day, but also an evening run is good for clearing the day's frustrations.

The yoga class is my usual, but after a 4-week summer break (how dare our teacher go on holiday!) it was just a tiny shock to the system, especially my upper body which hasn't gotten any exercise over August. See, if I'd been doing S&F over that break as I'd intended to maybe I wouldn't have felt it so much...

1 like

Brilliant that you got out there... please don't tell me we have to redo the BRAFTAs so soon?

1 like

I don't think we have a "moonlight" scenario on our hands ... I just might have been too kind with my marks...

1 like

Please...noooooooo :) Our chaps will feel neglected :)

Really useful thank you. Like the bra recommendations thanks Oldfloss. Also made me think I about combining exercise. When do you rest if you are running three times a week and doing other forms of exercise? I would like to combine with running. I'm on holiday with no bike so I can run three times a week at the moment. Thanks for any help!

1 like

I think I'm resting (physically) today and maybe tomorrow too! Nothing more strenuous than some floor-mopping and walking around the supermarket. Started the day with a couple of yoga twists and breathing exercises, nothing more than just to get moving and get my thoughts in order.

Seriously though it's amazing how my legs aren't suffering - the running must have done them good - it's just my arms, shoulders, collarbone...

I like the idea of being cheered on by a pub! I paid £17 for an M&S sports bra which keeps everything in place and then some.... only trouble is you have to be Houdini to get in and out of it.

5 likes

I made my route well-lit but tried to avoid running by a lot of traffic, so I went past pubs and tram stops! I was a bit self conscious ... my town on a night out doesn't have a great reputation!

2 likes

I agree I have a marks one ,had it 2 year and still going strong I'm going to get another me thinks ,I must say mine must be a different style as it's quite easy to get on and off

2 likes

You may also like...