Couch to 5K

W6, R3 done!!

W6, R3 done!!

What a fantastic run! I cannot believe I've done it!

Week 5, run 3 almost had me in tears and I don't know how I managed it so was very scared of doing this one. Then I struggled to complete the following run 8 mins, walk, run 8 mins so wondered what was wrong. A friend then asked if I wanted to join her tomorrow night so we could do W6, R3 together, but (as she's fitter and taller than me with a longer stride) I felt that I wanted to try the 25 min run tonight on my own.

Well I blummin well did it! In the rain! And enjoyed it! I now believe I can do this, and as I'm officially a runner (cos the app says I am! 😂) believe I can go all the way to the 30 min run!

I started this C25k cos I have a Pretty Muddy 5k event on the 16th, and now am inspired to do a 10k next year!

Thankyou everybody for all the inspiring posts and words of encouragement. You are all fab! ☺️

9 Replies
oldestnewest

You really are a runner and with the sounds of it a runner with the bug

2 likes

Yes you are a runner... a blooming good one, keep going your doing great 😀

2 likes

Fantastic, well done you!

I started C25K because I'd signed up for a Pretty Muddy 5K too. Mine was last Sunday, with W6R1 just under my belt. It was great (squelchy) fun! I went with 5 friends who are all seasoned runners, but they were kind and set their pace to mine!

Best of luck with your run on the 16th - you'll smash it!

2 likes

Thankyou Indigogirl! I'm a bit nervous but looking forward to it and hopefully by then I'll be up to the 28min runs so I'm feeling more confident.

Thanks again ☺️

i am at the same stage, finished week 6 run 3 three weeks ago, but strained my glutes picking up young children, so no running! been clear of any pain etc for a few days so may attempt next run at weekend, can't wait to finish the next three weeks, but will take it easy and slow.....

2 likes

Brilliant....great post...keep going like that & you'll be at the end before you know it!!! Week 5 run 3 is a real tester!!! Then comes along Week 6!!!! These things come to test us...but you did it, very well done!!!

1 like

Thankyou

1 like

could i ask what a pretty murder is rather than a mudder? would it be easier by any chance ????

Pretty murder! 😂 That's probably what it will feel like! It's part of the Race for Life with Cancer research, though not as tough as Tough Mudder, I hope!! ☺️

You may also like...