Couch to 5K
54,856 members • 87,358 posts

W8r1 done! Only 5 to go 😁

Today was my first run wearing a knee support , as ive been having a bit of jip in my right knee , i noticed on my last run that when im tired i run with my right foot at an angle and kick it backwards. My knee has been twindgy since , but read on a running website if i can squat , weight bear and stretch then im ok to slowly run and it held up ok and my support brace helped keep my foot in line , so all good.

All though my run was fine and covered 3.5k in the 28min run , i had to change location from my normal route which is in a nice common with lakes and lots of different paths and routes , as theres a fun fair there till wednesday so will be to busy ,to a small park full of dog walkers and kids , i felt so uncomfortable as its basically a square , one lap round the outside is 800m , felt as if everybody was watching me jiggling about , i over heated as wanted everything covered so wore far to many layers! was very red , very sweaty and very self consious! But i did it! The 28mins felt better than i expected (minus the middle 5/10mins were my thighs turned to lead) roll on friday to do it all again!

5 Replies
oldest • newest

Ice or heat for aches and pains, it depends on personal preference.

Self-conscious about running?

If they run then they're looking at you then they'll be thinking "good on you"! And "Wish I was running"!

If they don't run, they'll be thinking "I should be doing that"!

2 likes

Thank you , i look at other runners and think i wish i could run like that even when im running at the same time! I usually push my self doubt to the back of my mind but today it got the better of me. Friday i will go with a better frame off mind 😊

Hi, firstly well done for coming this far, I think I have a similar problem in my left knee, can you tell me about your knee support I think I will try one, thanks and again well done.

1 like

Thank you! Well i brought a sleeve type one from decathlon , just pull it on and it is ment to compress the knee but i found really uncomfortable , it just rolled down my thigh and congregated at my knee. So i brought a velcro type which is adjustable , i found it really comfortable and seemed to keep my lazy foot inline! Ive seen a few around but got mine in argos and was £20

1 like

That's brilliant, I will try the Argos one, thanks.

1 like

You may also like...