Couch to 5K
65,120 members98,390 posts

Week 6, run 1 + a bit

Week 6, run 1 + a bit

Anyone need any tips on how to get through run 1 of week 6?!

Spend most of it on the phone. Mine went off on the first 5 minute part and the app must have paused, so by the time I came off I had already ran an extra 3 minutes, then had to start it again and followed the plan. Turned out I was out for 42 mins instead. Whoops!!

This is my new playlist too, think that might have had something to do with it. Called it "Run Mike Run".

13 Replies
oldestnewest

The trouble with the programme is that it tends to make us very focused on the time of each run and does little to help us find the distractions that make the whole thing easier.

Anything that stops you clock watching is good in my book.

3 likes

I know, clock watching is not good. I wonder if it just told us to run then walk without the times if anyone would have any idea how long they had run for at all.

I was feeling a bit deflated the other day, someone told me I couldn't even class myself as a runner till I could do 5k in under 25 mins!

1 like

Bolleaux!!!!!!!!! As they say in France.

Were they even a runner?

2 likes

No, not really but they kindly googled it for me!

So they are experts then............mmmmmmm.

Absolutely!! I did take it with a pinch of salt but it did make me look. It's all behind me, so won't give it another thought.

3 likes

I don't know what your "friend" was looking at, but here the results of a survey from USA in 2010 pace-calculator.com/5k-pace... which will give you and average Pace Per Mile based on age and gender.

2 likes

What?! Ridiculous. I bet most people doing this app will never do that. I aspire to a 30 minute 5k but don't expect to get much faster. You are a runner if you run. Googling about running doesn't count.

This 100%!

Well that makes loads of us non-runners then... ! Wish I had known I was not a runner when I finished my first 10K :)

2 likes

Just run.... start slow and keep it steady... I make up rhymes, give silly names to things, look around ... and listen to the happy voices in my head:)

You can do this..just believe it:)

Thanks. I like being silly, glad I'm not the only one. I ran past some cows this morning and shouted "Good Moooning"/)!!!

1 like

Yeayyyyy! Go you ! I talk to the sheep too! :)

You may also like...