Week 6 Run 1 finally : Had planned to do this... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,425 members โ€ข 120,536 posts

Week 6 Run 1 finally

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
โ€ข14 Replies

Had planned to do this Monday but, having had on n off shoulder tension for a couple of weeks, helping my daughter rearrange her bedroom on Sunday just made it worse. Massaged it with a tennis ball against the wall but I was left with very sore muscles so decided to take a few days to rest it before running again

Finally got out today hoping Iโ€™d stay dry in the break in the rain but no ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ Apart from getting wet the run was great, felt really easy n I got the furthest Iโ€™ve been so far (apart from the time the Pause stayed n I didnโ€™t realise lol). I guess the couple of extra dayโ€™s rest mustโ€™ve helped!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

14 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

If you need extra rest days take them as you found out you benefited from them ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to Buddy34

If it hadnโ€™t been for my shoulder I wouldnโ€™t have bothered but it hurt a lot just from the weight of my arm. Thankfully resting it seems to have sorted it n I definitely felt the benefits so may add in more rest days in future ๐Ÿ˜Š

Bike_and_Run
Bike_and_RunGraduate

Well done on starting week 6.

I too should have done 6:1 on Monday, but I fell a little behind last week as I was working Nights so only just got around to running 5:3 today.

I guess having a plan and a goal is good for discipline, but don't worry too much about falling a little behind.

All the best for your next run.

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to Bike_and_Run

Thanks, and the same to you. Literally just commented on your post lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like
DiscoRunner
DiscoRunnerGraduate

Brilliant stuff - well done for getting out there in this weather!

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to DiscoRunner

Thanks! I didnโ€™t really want to run in the rain but tomorrowโ€™s forecast is even worse! ๐Ÿ’ฆโ˜”๏ธ

1 like
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Great run... good decision to not run with that shoulder hurting, theyโ€™re more important to running than we think... and you got to run with nice fresh legs. Enjoy run 2, last intervals in the plan.

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to UnfitNoMore

Thanks! Yesterday it was hurting just taking the weight of my arm for about 20 minutes so it didnโ€™t seem like running would be my best idea lol. Woke up this morning n happily it was pain-free. Looking forward to the lack of intervals now ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

1 like
RunRunRun13
RunRunRun13Graduate

Well done Jill ! Hope you didnโ€™t get soaked today in the rain, hope your shoulder feels better too, nice hot soak in the bath may help after your run ๐Ÿ›€ Good luck for Run 2 ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to RunRunRun13

Thanks! I didnโ€™t get too wet luckily n my shoulder is much improved today, no pain until well after my run n not too bad then thankfully. Enjoy the last run of Week 7!

Wimborne
WimborneGraduate

Go Jill!!!! Week 6 R1 done โœ… Doing brilliantly Jill. Keep it going. You have so got this now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to Wimborne

Thanks! Canโ€™t wait to get the intervals out of the way now ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

Pianism
PianismGraduate

Yes, I think extra rest days are really useful actually. And you're nearly past the interval running so start thinking about nice new routes to run as we move into lighter nights. :)

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to Pianism

Iโ€™m definitely starting to understand the benefits of a bit more rest after today

Iโ€™m trail running so thereโ€™s not much scope close to home for new routes but I can substantially extend the one iโ€™m on. I tend to run till the bell then turn back but once Iโ€™m covering a bit more distance I can cross the river and loop round the dyke for a bit of variety. Once I get another car sorted Iโ€™ll have a lot more scope plus the local parkrun will be accessible ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

1 like

You may also like...