Couch to 5K
60,359 members93,023 posts

Arrrg...... waiting to get out

So here I am sat in my running stuff waiting to get out after the delivery of a new router from BT, after many problems, an engineer and going on to the second router, I really can't afford to miss the delivery as to get the internet at the moment I have to sit on the router otherwise I get no reception.

I Have a small window of 1 hour left, after that the run will be very hard to fit in with everything else. I don't care that it is wet, cold and miserable I just want to get out. I only Maganged one run last week due to energy sapping work commitments and I need my run 😀🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️❤️.

Anyone else find they feel very irrational when their runs are curtailed in this way?

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes, despite sometimes feeling crappy on them, I get tetchy....

In my brain I'm like a toddler having a tantrum

1 like

Oh gawd yeah 😧 Like a woman possessed 😁 If events conspire to thwart me I get proper ratty. Best laid plans ey 🙄

On that note, I am off! Pot of tea, bowl of porridge, and I am a goner. 12k is today's mission. Co-ordinates set. Blast off! 🏃‍♀️😃👍

2 likes

Sometime MrRfc will say "do you need a run?" he has learnt over the years coming between me and my runs is not to be taken lightly. Hope you had a great run.

1 like

Yes... I hope you got out and I hope you are now online :)

1 like

Hehe just finished typing out an answer and the new hub stopped sending a signal to my laptop, so back on the iPad sat on top of it again.. grrrrr. At least I got out for a run and a post op Pb. 😀🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Hope you got out there... !

I am itching to head out tomorrow, although it will be the slowest and shortest walk/ run ever.. ( I have promised my physiotherapist). But at least that is a reason. Sitting an waiting for stuff is so frustrating... ! And when the folk or the goods do not come..ekekekekke !

Good luck tomorrow Oldfloss - hope your calf behaves!🙂

1 like

Fingers crossed, thnks.. a whole new meaning to slow and steady beckons!!

I did, and I managed a post op pb. I think running angry might of had something to do with that😀. Take it slow and steady and treat yourself with lots of TLC tomorrow, take care.. xxx

2 likes

Love it...channelling anger into, go faster fuel! xx

1 like

As our administrator you should know that it is never recommended to run in a highly emotional state..........overload of adrenaline, I suspect.

Glad you got out there. Dentist tomorrow, boss.

Hope it goes ok at the dentist and your right my muscles will suffer for today tomorrow, not one to be done too often. 😀.

Hope you got out for your run Rfc? Very frustrating!😠

I did, just set the new router up and it has the same problem 😫😫😫😫😫 talk about wanting to tear your hair out. At least I got my run, I can cope with it better now 😀.

1 like

Phew! Hope you get your wifi sorted soon!🙂

You may also like...