Couch to 5K
54,905 members87,420 posts

I've only gone and done it! I have actually completed Couch to 5k!

Well, not quite 5k (actually no where near 5k) but I have run for 30 minutes 3 times!! I am still on shock. I started this programme from a really bad place mentally and physically and went out on my first run clutching my phone convinced that I would need to phone an ambulance! The first few runs I tried very hard to avoid people and ran with my head down to actually avoid eyecontact with anyone. My granddaughter (nearly 9 and not a natural runner) has been on this journey with me and refused to go with anyone else whilst I was off on antibiotics for 11 days, bless her. I initially started the programme because I had signed up for Race for Life (which is this Sunday) and I just wanted to be able to run some of it - well I know I will be able to run 30 mins of it now!!

And, I am not ready to stop running any time soon - planning on spending a few weeks sticking to the 30 mins and going along to have a go at the local Parkrun!

To all you people just starting out - keep plodding on now matter how hard it may feel at the time - You Can Do It - especially with all the support from people on the forum - fabulous bunch. Thanks guys.

44 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done!! 👏👏👏

1 like

Great post - congratulations on graduating and enjoy your Race for Life this weekend!☺

1 like

Thank you :)

Great post and well done, been there with the phone clutching on first run too.

Well done Jax!

1 like

Really well done 👍 Thanks for sharing, it's really quite inspirational, I know that sounds sappy but it's true!

Good luck for Race for Life

1 like

Thankyou :)

Well done JD. You should be every bit as proud of yourself as we are.

Looking forward to your race report

1 like

Thanks - race takes place at that flippin' park with the hills that I nearly killed myself on the other week! Ha ha!

1 like

Huge congratulations...very well done :) Bask in the well deserved glory...then get ready for that Race for Life!

1 like

Thanks - still on a high hours later!

1 like

Woohoo! Well done!

1 like

Thank you :)

Jaxdreamer, you are a star. I have never met you and know nothing about you but I am really proud. I've been following your progress because we are C25K 'peers'.

Enjoy the graduation party and give your granddaughter an extra big hug xx

1 like

Ahh! Thank you, that's lovely. Shall definately give her another hug because she has been a little star! Our mantra before each run 'We can do this beacuse we are warriors' is going to keep me smiling forever.

3 likes

Wow!!! Many many congrats!!!! Well done!!!

1 like

Well done u, keep at it,u r an inspiration 4 others. Vheers

Thanks 😀

Ooh Jaxdreamer look at that lovely badge! What a star. Bet you're over the moon. Time for a bit of a celebration?

Massive 🎈CONGRATULATIONS🎈to you. Now grab a glass and let us toast your amazing achievement😊

🎈🎉🍸🍻😆🍹🍷🏆🎓🏆🍷🍹😆🍻🍸🎉🎈

(and super good luck for the Race for Life - we'll all be with you in spirit)😊

Ahh! Thanks. Have definitely grabbed a glass 🥃 or 2 or 3! Need to drink a lot of 💦 tomorrow! Hic🍾🍷🎉

1 like

Congratulations Graduate.😊

Enjoy that Race for Life, run proud and your best efforts will be good enough.

You did it... 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈

1 like

Thank you 🙂

Congratulations 🎉 Have fun on your Race for Life!

1 like

Thanks, I will - hopefully 😊

Fabulous. You will love parkrun , I am about to get ready to go our local one. God luck & enjoy your Race for Life xx ps don't forget to go to the podium & get your shiny graduate badge 😊😊

1 like

Thanks - loving my 'graduate ' next to my name! 🙂

That's amazing. Well done to you and your granddaughter :)

1 like

Thank you 😊

Congratulations 🏅Graduate 🏃

1 like

Thanks 🙂

Congratulations.....I've also ran the 30 minutes this week and am doing my first park run this morning. The feeling of achievement is amazing x

2 likes

Fab! Enjoy your first Parkrun x

That's wonderful!

1 like

Thanks 😊

Well done :)

1 like

Thanks 🙂

Brilliant Jaxdreamer, and congrats on becoming a graduate. You must feel incredible. And well done to your grand-daughter, what an achievement. So happy for you.

1 like

Thank you - feels amazing! 🙂

Amazing! Congratulations 😀💐

1 like

Thanks 🙂

Brilliant!!! :-)

1 like

You may also like...