Am I mad

I've just finished week 5 and very very pleased with myself that I have. I'm really enjoying running more then I ever thought..... this week has been a bit of a revelation for me running wise. Everything seems to be slottting into place, so on the back of this I've booked a slot on a 10K race in September. I see this as something to train towards. The question is am I mad or is this doable?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Yes you are probably mad, but given your progress through c25k definitely doable 😊

• Brilliant! I have signed up for the Bournemouth 10K supersonic in October. I am ignoring the supersonic part! I think it's good to have something to aim for. Like you I'm hoping to do a park run for my graduation run. You'll be fine. Just keep it slow and steady!

• Doable! Positive mental attitude! Congratulations in your progress 😊

• Wow! that's impressive. Go for it!

• Hooray well done, I felt the same way you did when I started C25k 4 years ago and I'm still going 😎

• I fully intend to keep running for as long as I can now. Just saying that feels odd. But I'm loving itπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒ

• Come and join us on here if you want some race and training support:

healthunlocked.com/marathon...

• Thanks. I've joined up. I've got 15 weeks to get ready for my first 10K. I a

• No I don't think you are mad. The whole running thing does change your mental attitude. Go for it, I have no doubt you will with such a positive outlook. I even found myself downloading the 5k to 10k app in preparation for when I finish the couch to 5k. If you had said that I would be doing this a few weeks ago I would have laughed in your face. πŸ˜€

• Snap! πŸ‘πŸ»

• I have also surprised myself with my feelings about running. Never thought I would start at 59 nearly a year ago. My only problem is my IBD which causes me some irritation which has kept me back from attempting a 'proper' race.

Keep up the good work. πŸ˜€

You may also like...