1st post grad run. What a joy!

I loved it, all these weeks I've been sticking religiously to the program so 1st run post grad I went a different route, I had my own music playing and I ran (a bit too fast) so liberating and so wonderful to run without Laura (sorry Laura) I only managed 28.5 minutes but I don't mind because I ran slightly quicker than I usually do and put a couple of short sprints in there too :)

I was a little worried at first as to how will I cope without the podcast, what will I do, but I've decided it might be better if I just do a few more weeks of 30 minute runs nice and steady, then I'll look at maybe trying to up my speed a bit, but last night was really just about the joy of running for the sake of it, rather than sticking with the program and it was wonderful. :D

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

16 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Lovely post ! It sounds a great run๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜€. Great idea to consolidate three runs a week, the choice is now up to you, enjoy but increase slowly to guard against over use injuries. Happy running๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป

• Thanks Jacs-W it was a super run :D

I will carry on slow and steady for a while, but I couldn't help myself last night, the sprints felt amazing and I've never, ever in my life run so fast and felt pure joy, I honestly felt as though I was flying, my now baby running legs were stretched to the max and felt so strong and powerful, I can't describe really but well just wow!

• What a great way to start the day giddyaunts. Congratulations on your first post-grad run!

• Thanks SlowSlowKwikKwikSlow Im still buzzing :D

• Well done you !!! Can't wait until I graduate ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐ŸŽ“ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ Xxxx

• Thank you princessparklypink :)

You are halfway there, the weeks will fly by to your graduation x

• Great job giddyaunts , the sky's the limit...xx

• Thanks ANewMe2017 I hope so :-)

• It's great isn't it! That is exactly what I did after graduation and it's what I still do now. Run it your way, you have the power!!

• Thanks loisamelia it's certainly liberating. :)

• It's a lovely feeling to go and just do it (to coin a phrase!). I did the same just to prove to myself that I could without prompting from Laura. Here's to many happy runs x

• Thank you first_mate I'm looking forwards to lots of running x

• Brilliant! I've been enjoying that freedom too. Been very limited timewise this week but managed out twice, the first run I literally had 20mins including cool down but pushed myself to run that but faster knowing that, the second run I set myself a distance target and ran until I had achieved that. I've really appreciated Laura's help over the weeks but it's quite nice NOT knowing how much you've got left. I've discovered that I've got a little bit left in the tank whereas when laura said 60s to go, that was it for me... finished!! Love your pony by the way - beautiful!

• Thank you Exmoorllent and thanks re my 'baby' lol she and running are what keep me sane!

• The journey is just starting rather than being at an end. I really enjoyed the no Laura bit as well and am just going to try to go longer and faster ! Maybe I will sign up for a 10k in a few months !

• Thanks blue_cat good luck with your 10k :)

I've no desire to go further in terms of distance but would love to get a wee bit quicker at some point.

You may also like...