Week 4 run 1

Hello all

Well I thought today, ok lets try week 4, got my ipod setup put on the headphones and set off, then I realised I was listening to podcast for week 3. I wasn't going to stop to download week 4 and then remember how to copy the podcast across, so I left it running, more as background noise! however I did it ran 2 x 3 and 2 x 5 minutes, in total of 30:05 I covered 1.68 miles (2.7km) (pace 17:54mile /11:08km) that includes the walking.

I do my c25k on a treadmill so my first run was 4mph and the last 3 were done at 3.7mph, I know I am going slower each week but I am running for longer and I hope once I finish I can then try to improve my speed.

Finally tomorrow I am going to get my eyes tested, so a good excuse to look in the running shop for more cushioned trainers, the Asics gel pursuit 2 trainers are not bouncy enough for me!

Stephen

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • As I've found out, there's nothing wrong with running slower - the only important target is to get to running 30 minutes non-stop no matter how far (or not!) that takes you. It sounds like you're well on your way.

You may also like...