Couch to 5K
54,612 members87,084 posts

W5 R1 done and dusted😀

I've been looking forward to this one🤓 I honestly felt quite confident ( that's an unfamiliar feeling for the first run of the week 😂 ) My mindset going out was pretty much what I've just read Mc fitty say to someone😀 ..... I've done 5 minute runs, it's only 15 minutes running, 1 minute less than last week so get out there and do it👍

I really enjoyed it, not saying it was easy but it's not supposed to be, is it? 😂

I felt fab when I'd finished and for a couple of hours after😀😀

I know the next couple of runs will be a challenge but thanks to this site w5 doesn't scare me anymore, big congrats and thanks to those of you that have recently completed it👍🎉😀

23 Replies
oldestnewest

Atta girl!

1 like

Thanks, fellow bride to be😉

1 like

you are quite welcome ;)

1 like

Great news.. great attitude..brilliant you.😊 Well done Jalapenolover101

2 likes

Thank you, you lot have much to answer for😉😀👍

1 like

Bravo! Onwards to W5R2...xx

1 like

Thank you, who would have thunk it??? 😜😂😂😜🌶

well done - i hit week 5 on monday - and i'm actually looking forward to it?!?!..... whats that about??.....haha.

good luck for your next runs. :)

Kaz x

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it too, how crazy is that???😆 I know I've done R1 but I think w5 really kicks in at runs 2+3🙃 We shall see what it brings, but w5 is not the mountain I once thought it was😀 It is true what people say, trust the programme, ignore your head (gremlins) , and , hear we go ...... Slow and steady.......

🌶

3 likes

Who'd a thunk it indeed... brilliant stuff! Spose I'd better order in some more party poppers in readiness😉

4 likes

hahaha - lets hope so!

cheers - kaz x

1 like

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂whoa there , slow down, this is ' miss let's have an extra rest day' you're talking to😉

Keep them on reserve, i wouldn't want them to go out of date😆

Thanks though, what you wrote earlier about w5 R1, so true, I hope someone out there panicking about it reads this👍

2 likes

Well done, Jalapenolover101 ! You smashed it - roll on the next one...

1 like

Do you what rainbow, I did🤓😆😝🤓😝😆🤓

Brilliant, what a great attitude! No need to be scared of Week 5. We've all been in your position and have done it and you can too! :)

1 like

Thank you, you lot inspire me👍🌶

1 like

Bring it on ..... W5...... I'll have ya! 😂😂😂😂❤️❤️😳😳😜😜😂😂omg I'm sca#%ed sh%}$$¥*ss but I'll do it!!!! Everyone talked about the 20 minutes, what about the 8?????

1 like

It's only one minute more than W5R1 just set up differently! Go slow and steady, you can do it!!! :)

1 like

Thank you , that's he way I was dealing with it👍❤️🌶

Does anyone ever wonder why we go so sloooowwwwwwwww.?

😳😉🙄

I guess that's because slow and steady wins the race😉

I've got my first week 5 tomorrow and this was just what I needed to hear!

1 like

yay well done :D

You may also like...