Couch to 5K

W5R3

Hot Diggity Damn :D I've just completed this week which seemed like an unimaginable task last week, never mind when I first started at the beginning of Jan. Feeling a bit cool 8-) I have to say !

I walked for 35 mins before I turned back and switched Laura on. Nice and steady! Slow! All these cries from my cheerleaders went around in my head. And do you know, it wasn't too bad! Not exactly leaps and bounds, but plods and shuffles :o To see how far I've come is truly amazing. I mean literally to stand at the top of the field and look to where I set off from is.............the most superlative superlative ever! So I've cracked W5 ' the turning point' according to Laura and am looking forward to W6 with less trepidation. Come on bring it! I dares ya :p...xx

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Yeee haaa! You've cracked Week 5. You're doing this! :)

1 like

Yes, little overweight me! 5 stone lighter and I'll be blown along like a whisp...xx

1 like

Brilliant well done :D what a way to end the week x

1 like

:( 2 more days 'til my next run. Might go for a long walk today..xx

1 like

I find walking helps too. I have to walk the spaniels so they make sure I get out there on 'rest' days, but I find it helps to loosen the legs off when they feel stiff the following day. x Have fun ;)

1 like

In..The.. Bag!

Well done you. Fantastic!😊😊😊

2 likes

Thanks McFitty !

1 like

Yippee!!! Well done.

2 likes

Poor Winny was stiff though! I usually don't hear him creeping upstairs,but I heard every pawstep :D ...xx

1 like

Plods and shuffles is a tried and tested method that works for lots of us! :D Well done - you're past the half-way mark now :)

2 likes

Over the hump...xx

1 like

Well done ANewMe2017..

Fantastic😊 you ARE cool and are entitled to some smugness too!

Yep, the turning point has been reached you ran for 20 mins NON-STOP😄

Good luck with Week 6...mind over matter.xxx

2 likes

:o sounds ominous Bluebirdrunner ! Haven't looked yet but I'll do it...xx

1 like

Whoop Whoop! Well done! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha! Week 6 already. Just go nice and steady now. Easy does it

Have fun!

2 likes

Still can't get over how far it is when I look to where I ran from...xx

Brilliant ! Really Well done , this is such a milestone in the programme and you nailed it !

Go you ! :-) xxx

2 likes

Thanks Pops! How's you?...xx

2 likes

Ah I'm doing okay :-) Thanks for asking xxx

Amazing amazing amazing! You HAVE come so far and you deserve to feel proud. No stopping you now! :)

2 likes

Half way to getting that shiny shiny precious 'graduate' badge...xx

1 like

Yaaaaay. We silenced the gremlins! Congratulations on a great run. W6 beckons. We can do this!

3 likes

Yay Go Us SlowSlowKwikKwikSlow :D ! When's your next run?...xx

Monday. W6R1 7 p.m. Yours?

1 like

Monday either 10ish or 1ish. Eeeeeeeeeek!!!..xxx

1 like

Wow well done! I start week 5 Monday and I'm seriously scared! I'm going to aim for endurance not speed.

3 likes

Hey annie1970 W5 is a biggy for everyone, but trust in the programme and you will conquer!!! It's not about speed at the minute, so even if you think you could walk faster, keep to a really slow pace and you'll smash it! Look forward to hearing how you've got on...xx

1 like

Many many congrats , a fabulous feeling running for 20 minutes 🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊

You may also like...