W3R2 "Midnight run is fun too!"

Nearly missed the run today. Started warming up at 23:58!

Still made it. Tried a new route today and boy it was fun. Got lost among the empty streets.

It's shame I had to run late night as I liked to do it early in the morning but my work schedule is really tight this month. Early to work and returning late in the evening. It's like I live there and visit my home every now and then 🐮

The app I was using Get Running (Couch to 5K) by Benjohn Barnes had reset itself one day ahead.

appsto.re/gb/rMdbt.i

I guess I have to force reset it to the original schedule.

Looking forward to R3!

🐢

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's dedication! Nicely done. Exploring new routes keeps things interesting, and it's good to have easy and hard ones in your pocket.

• Blimey, you are an ode to self-discipline. I am impressed. Gremlins don't dare to come anywhere near you!

• Oh believe me they have nearly caught me twice.

Needing to stay vigilant. They get in very easily!

• Well done! I like evening running - although I haven't done anything nearly that late! It's a good way to wind down at the end of the day :)

• It's just that I know I might lapse at some point. That happened to be a point of no return many a times.

I am trying to put off lapsing into that abyss for as long as possible.

• I prefer to run at night myself, but midnight? You'd be arrested round here if you were caught running at midnight - or chased by a fox!

Congratulations on your progress - I'm a day or so behind you and reading your posts gives me a lot of encouragement.

• Night run. I do am getting accustomed to it.

• Wow - that's committed. Mind you, round here, you would need to be committed, or preferably armed, to go running at midnight!

• You sound like your having a ball.

At that time you should get to to see some interesting things, as in wildlife.

Keep at it your going to coast thru the couch to 5k.

All the best.

• Flipping heck! That's brave! I'd be too scared.

You may also like...