Exhilarating even though can't run: My latest... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,770 members β€’ 120,975 posts

Exhilarating even though can't run

Razouski
Razouski
β€’10 Replies

My latest gremlin has been tingling, niggling Achilles' tendon, so haven't run since Monday, even though I've been itching to. As a lower impact alternative, and as we were visiting friends in Haworth, decided to take Mr R walking in the Dales. Yesterday we had a glorious walk in the snow passed the Bronte's up to Wuthering Heights. We must have walked about 9km and it was truly spectacular.

I think Mr R is finally coming round to this "exercise malarkey " as he was more than happy suggesting a drive to Malham, and a more challenging walk up to the top of Malham Cove and back round the Dales, covering around 7km. We finished up in a lovely pub for a well earned drink, before a slow stroll around Hebden Bridge on the wY home.

So although I haven't done any running I feel that I've more than made up for it.

10 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Irishprincess

Looks gorgeous! Any sign of Cathy's ghost?

1 like
Razouski

I'm afraid not... lol :-)

misswobble
misswobbleGraduate

Coooee! I was up there last week 😊 I was off my legs too but managed Aysgarth falls etc. A change is as good as a rest πŸ™‚

1 like
Razouski
Razouski
in reply to misswobble

It was lovely.

poppypug
poppypugGraduate

Yorkshire is so beautiful ( mind you, I am slightly biased :-) )

Glad you enjoyed it and walking will keep you nicely ticking over . Hope youre back to full fitness soon :-) xxx

1 like
Razouski
Razouski
in reply to poppypug

Thanks poppypug . I'm hoping to run tomorrow morning. :-)

aliboo70

Sounds lovely! we went to Haworth and Malham cove at middle school, really great scenery. Hope your achilles is sorted soon :) and well done to Mr R as well :)

1 like
CookieM
CookieMGraduate

Fabulous walking country!! And the weather looks excellent for walking too!! πŸŒžπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£

1 like
Razouski
Razouski
in reply to CookieM

It was lovely, although it was a mixture of very damp mist and drizzle on Sunday, so we got quite wet and muddy. It didn't matter though, and didn't spoil our enjoyment. :-)

1 like
Razouski

Today completed our hat trick of walking inadvertently, with a visit to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. I hadn't realised how big it was and the sculptures I most wanted to see were furthest from the entrance, so I think we clocked up another 6 or 7 km. It's lovely park and full of unexpected treasures.

And I'm home now and ready to run tomorrow, I hope. :-)

You may also like...