Couch to 5K

One step forward, two steps back - but I'm Not Giving Up!

One step forward, two steps back - but I'm Not Giving Up!

So I graduated on the first Friday of December, and hurt my back on the the first Saturday of December. First my middle back, then I had a fall (and had actual whiplash, and exTremely sore tailbone - walking was difficult), then hurt my lower back... blah blah blah.... So exactly a month to the day, I'm back on the treadmill, and I decided to ease back with week 3. Lemme just say - it was a good idea.

I read some place that signing up for a 5k was a great motivator. I did, and it's true!! I'm running the 5k through High Park in Toronto April 8th raising money for paediatric cancer research. Sooo excited - even if I do have to pay for my own finishers medal! lol

12 Replies
oldestnewest

What a tough month you've had - but I love the pic you've put up and will share that with Miss Rainbow tonight! :)

Welcome back - glad your reintroduction went well :) And yes, great to have a targettk aim for and keep you focussed :)

1 like

I bet you 5 that it would have been a longer recovery time if I hadn't been in better-than-I-was kind of shape... All good. This morning was a challenge, but it feels sooo good to be back!! xo

1 like

Well done for hanging on in there, and congrats for signing up for the 5k! You'll get addicted to the bling :)

1 like

I'm quite sure you're not wrong! :-)

1 like

Like the photo and great post. "True grit" or what ! I feel like a big wuss now moaning about having to shed a few pounds of weight. Self inflicted mince pie munching !

Well done for getting back into it and ambitious 5K run !

1 like

Thanks!! True Grit? Just call me Duke.

Y'are a bit of a wuss.

lol ;-)

Love that quote! Well done for getting back to it! That 5k's calling! :)

1 like

And I'm agonna answer it ;-)

1 like

So exciting!!! Can't wait to hear your race report.

1 like

me too! lol

Welcome back , I wondered where you had gone . Sounds like a great plan

1 like

Thanks, Molly! xo

1 like

You may also like...