Week 7 smashed it :)

Well after running my first parkrun on New Years day I have used week 7's runs to go for longer runs and am happy to say I did a 5k ... 4.8k and a 5.3k so safe to say week 7 is now complete :)

Just feel so happy when I finish a run but on rest days I feel like there was something missing so I have decided to get the bike out and start riding on rest days which I hope will boost my stamina ready for run days :)

New saying for 2017 ..... Love life Love running :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done! you could mix up your non-run day exercise. Don't forget to include walking. Walking is fab! Leave the car and walk and you'll feel the Improvement in your health and wellbeing quite quickly πŸ™‚

• Thank you and sounds good to me :)

• Great new saying, love it, great week you've had too, Well done! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»

• Thank you :)

• Flippin Nora, that's fast!!!!

Well done and enjoy your last couple of weeks till graduation.

• Thank you ..... got a long way to go on speed yet as my best time is 38:12 for the 5k but it will come in time as I improve :)

• So did you go beyond your 25 mins? I thought you'd done those distances in 25m;-)

I used to regularly run beyond the time, only by a minute or two - and usually the last run, which kind of got me ready for next increase:)

• No ..... I run very slow but a lot longer, I seem to be getting faster as my stamina is improving :)

• Slow and steady - the way to go:) (unless you're like me and can't help going for speed!!!)

• And believe in C25K it works :)

• Exactly - it does:)

• That's great! Wonderful to hear you're enjoying it so much. Try not to add on too much at this point as you haven't been doing the longer runs without intervals for very long. After graduation you can consolidate those 5kms. I know it's not always what you want to hear as it's so great to be doing so well at this stage. After spending 2 months on the IC not long after graduation, I promise, it's not worth rushing. :) You have your whole running life ahead of you to get faster and run further, there's no hurry, so best to do it slowly and to stay injury free. :) 2017 is going to be the year of running for you by the sounds of it! :)

You may also like...