Knee Injury. Boo

So I am going to be stuck on week 4 for a while as I have twisted my knee a little bit. I can still jog on it but it hurts. I have ordered a brace and ice packs and will use the RICE technique but my question is should I stop jogging altogether for a while? I don't want to do that as I have come so far but equally don't want to make it worse. I can walk fine but it is tender and sore. Ibuprofen helps. I think it might be a slight tweak to the MCL. Anyone got any advice? I guess this might be quite a common problem. Thanks and keep up the good work everyone

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Rest up,try again when the soreness subsides..

• Hi!

I'm new to this blogging thing, but as a Physio I feel I am able help you a bit with this!

Keep going with the RICE for a few days. You will want to add in some strengthening exercises such as knee extensions, wall squats, bridging and some stretching as well! Continue to do walk/jogging as able but don't over do it! If things do t improve over the next 3/4 weeks contact your GP and get a Physio referral!

Good luck with the rehab!

Amy

• Thanks Dave and Amy. Decided to try a workout today but had to stop in the last running session. Will leave it for a few days now. What I don't want is to have to start this all over again. Hopefully the brace and ice packs will help - picking those up later today

You may also like...