Couch to 5K
60,075 members92,705 posts

Leaving the injury couch!

It's been two weeks exactly since my last run, and finally I felt like a run was possible after injuring my ankle. Just a short one, slower than usual, but my ankle seems to be holding up ok so far. It's a start...

I ran with MapMyRun! Distance: 3.63km, time: 23:33, pace: 6:29min/km, speed: 9.25km/h.

mapmyrun.com/workout/188504...

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Terrific that you are back, take it easy xxx

1 like

I've spent the last two weeks watching other runners enviously (something I never thought would happen!) so I'm happy to have got through the run. I won't be pushing it though!

3 likes

Good stuff. Welcome back. x

1 like

Thanks, I've missed my runs!

Great but just take it easy.

1 like

Oh yes absolutely, I definitely don't want to push it.

Back on the running path... wonderful! :)

1 like

I've missed it!

Sounds great Rosie. Hope the ankle holds up well.

1 like

Thanks! It ached a little after but it's holding up so far...

Slow jogging builds running legs!

Have fun out there 😊

1 like

Ooh hope so!

Hooray..... well done 😎

1 like

Thanks, it was great to get back out there!

Being on the IC is just miserable, isn't it?! Seeing runners everywhere you go and being desperate to get out there yourself. Take it slow and steady now you're back and fingers crossed no more injuries for you.

1 like

I hadn't appreciated how many runners there were in my area until I started Couch 2 5k. It's nice to be back among them! Slow and steady is exactly how I plan to take things :-)

1 like

I know, I was the same - I see the everywhere now! It also made me realise when I was self conscious about running outside that no one notices me except other runners (I never noticed runners until I started running) and other runners are fine because they understand exactly what it is I'm doing!

You may also like...