W7R2 completed!

W7R2 completed!

Hey guys/gals,

Yes, I completed my 2nd run of week 7 earlier today and I'm getting ever closer to that graduation! :)

Once again my only concern was trying to avoid inclines on my route, and I think I managed to do that more successfully today, with the worst incline (albeit very slight tbh!) very early on in my route, so I didn't have to attack it with those concrete legs of mine! :D

Once again I took my mobile with me and only recorded the 25 minutes of running (with an app called 'Running' strangely enough!) and I logged 2.94km in my 25 minutes.

(I've uploaded the proof (a screenshot of my mobile) for everyone to see).

38 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done, Lee! I just started using map my run...but I make it count the walking bits too...every metre counts as far as I'm concerned! 😈 And nothing wrong with avoiding inclines, either....our runs = our rules, and sometimes a hill is just a challenge too far in my book! Good luck with the rest of wk 7!

• Thanks Raven2016 :)

Yeah, I can do without any inclines at the moment thank you very much...maybe in a month or two when I've built up a bit of muscle for it! :D

• Well done, W7 was a good week for me, I much preferred the continuous running after W6, and you're doing really well - keep it up! I count every step, warm up and cool down as well as the running, although I know not everyone else does, but my run = my rules Raven2016! 2.94 km in 25 mins is excellent - really well done!

• Is it? :o Oh, I didn't think that was too good myself. Hehe.

It doesn't really matter to me though, I'm just happy to be able to get out there and move non-stop in a very slow forward motion for at least 25 minutes without collapsing in a heap!! :D

Thanks for the words Tailsmo :)

• Inclines - keep them well out of my way thanks very much. Anything that is not exactly flat is a 'Bloody Great Hill' (or BGH) as far as I'm concerned ;-). Really well done on the 2.94 km - you'll be at 3 km before you know it! Good luck with the rest of W7.

• Thank you CarolStr! :) Yeah, I like that...BGH, hehe.

• Excellent Lee. Well done. I'm impressed with your distance covered in the run.

I also use Map My Run, and like Raven and Talismo I log the walking bits as well as the running bits.

• Thank you Razouski! :)

Yeah, when I first used my app I did log the walks as well. But the way I see it is, I can walk for as long as the road is, and I always walk at the same speed so I thought I would just log the running parts as that's what I want to see an improvement in as time goes on. I'm confident that in a years time I will have covered a bit more ground when I run as to what I can manage at the moment. I guess I'm trying to create targets for me to aim for in the future if that makes sense?

• Go lee !

• Thanks! :)

• Well done!!! That's really impressive.

• Thanks mate! :)

• Great job, you're really getting closer to the finish line. And nice thing you mention what you're going to do in a month or two, planning, that's a real sign of commitment (or being hooked). πŸ˜„

• Thanks ench0! :)

Nah, I think it's more that I'm such a stubborn ol' sod! ;)

• Hooked surely !!! Well done lee , due to run tomorrow but impromptu drinks at home here , I return to work next week post maternity leave so people calling before I go back etc ...,,,,,, think I'll run on Thursday instead 🍸

Well done little inclines are like mountains bit they'll soon be mole hills

• Thanks Cuig1975! :)

I really hope you're right about those inclines turning into mole hills. I guess they will get easier as I improve my fitness. :)

Good luck with your return to work and of course your next run.

• Didn't get out today but I will in the morning , got new running shoes so just wore them around the house today

• Don't wear those shoes out in non-runner usage...what a waste! ;)

• Well done Lee337 - one step closer to that shiny badge :-) x

• Thanks dereham-girl :)

Yeah, that's true but I ain't gonna count any chickens yet! ;) x

• Excellent! That's really good! Not long now! You've made fab progress you should be really proud of yourself. :)

• Thanks debze :) Yeah, I am chuffed...and so should you be! :)

• Well done you! Great job. I'm going to try w7r2 later this morning. Will let you know how I get on. Not long now til graduation! πŸ…πŸƒπŸ»

• Thanks Flossie22 :)

Yeah, not long that's correct, but like I said earlier, I'm not counting any chickens just yet! ;) Good luck with your run 2 of week 7. :)

• Well done.. slow and steady and covering a good distance ...impressive! Even with those treacle/concrete legs :)

• Thanks Oldfloss :)

Yeah, it's amazing what one can achieve with treacle legs! :D

• Well done πŸ˜€πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘thats a great time too you must be so chuffed & not long to go...πŸŽ“! I use runkeeper & its great too as you can add friends also using app & see how they are doing & look back on previous runs 😊 You really are doing great keep going & enjoy!! X

• Thanks Phyliss. :)

I think I downloaded that app as well, but haven't given it a go yet. I might check it out soon. I wonder if you can run 2 of those apps at the same time? (I'm guessing it will just confuse both of them). :D x

• Yes you can as i ran my c25k, runkeeper & music all at same time!! It goid motivation 😊Not many runs left yahooπŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Phyllis x

• Ah, but those are 2 different apps Phyllis...I meant using 2 running apps at the same time? Don't forget they both need access to your inbuilt GPS system to log your route and time. Whereas a standalone music app doesn't need GPS access and so is fine to run at the same time as a running app.

• Im not very good with technology πŸ˜‚As long as i have music & know my distance&times im happyπŸ˜€ Thats if its a good runπŸ˜‚ Justo way home from hols did loads of walking & hillwalking but hope to get back to running sat/sun & getback to a routine! πŸŽ“Close 😊😊x

• Fantastic well done chuck! :)

• Thanks anna91 :) Hehe.

Hope you're making your own good progress? :)

• Yeah I'll get there. The doctor said no to my run today after the fiasco with bad medication. But back to it tomorrow - I really wanted to run today but I may have ended up sleeping in the park lol.

• Oh blimey! :o No that's not a good idea Anna.

Just stick with running tomorrow instead, it can wait, and won't do you any harm...unlike sleeping in a park at this time of year! :D

• For sure! I'm geared up for tomorrow once the meds have mostly gotten out of the system. Yeah, I doubt sleeping in a park would do me much good hehe.

• Yeah, definitely something to avoid! :)

All the best with your next run. Don't forget, nice and steady..eddie!

• And well done again for today! Stay steady, Eddie! :)

You may also like...