Couch to 5K
52,615 members84,701 posts

Morning mist

Morning mist

I thought I'd share my view this morning - yes, definitely on the foggy side! I was drenched by the time I got back as much from condensation as sweat.

I noticed how the fog seems to both dampen and accentuate sounds. On the one hand it was exceptionally calm and still - yet I picked up the rattle of the London train passing a couple of miles away, the sound of a tractor starting up in the farmyard and the rooks cawing in the trees.

These runs bring us so many different experiences even though we may use the same familiar routes. It's good to be alive!

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Very true 😊

1 like

wow - that is spooky looking! Very good capture of the fog Ully :)

2 likes

Thanks Irish - it felt very serene though, not spooky at all

1 like

Looks like you had the world to yourself Ullyrunner😊just a farmer and the train driver up with you.x magical

2 likes

It's always fairly quiet but not even any dog walkers this morning.

1 like

Love it. It is great to be alive, thanks for posting Ully.

2 likes

I know you don't get so much in the way of fog, but I live on the edge of the Vale of York and we get some really dense fogs. This morning was a relatively light mist.

I expect you're already running on snow and ice brrr!

1 like

We had snow and ice earlier in October but the weather popped back up and it's returned to fall running conditions. I did have a couple runs lately in the fog, one really wet as you describe. It was the strangest thing, I've never run in conditions like that before. I was as wet as if I'd showered.

2 likes

I know what you mean about fog deadening sound. I'm now running in the dark but I don't find that anywhere near as spooky as fog. Does look lovely though.

2 likes

It felt quite special - Autumn is definitely here!

1 like

Great description of the fog sound effects. Looks and sounds like a lovely run :)

2 likes

I certainly enjoyed it. When I first looked out the window it looked grim, but then the sun appeared up above the mist I thought I would get out there anyway. I'm glad I did!

1 like

What a gorgeous picture. Looks like a lovely run. Just you and the sunrise...perfect :)

2 likes

And it's the running that gets us out there to appreciate it all.

2 likes

Lovely picture ullyrunner. I live in vale of York too. Mist hangs like a curtain doesn't it. 😀

2 likes

We certainly get more than our fair share!

2 likes

Wow that looks like a beautiful place to run! Do you stay in the countryside? Here in Cape Town we only have the wine farms or the sea... Complete opposite to the weather here today (32 degrees C).

1 like

Yes, I'm really lucky. I live in a small village surrounded by farmland so my usual runs are along farm tracks - and it's very flat. We get wonderful 'big' skies, but it's quite often foggy and boy, does that wind whip across the field sometimes! I'd find it hard to run in 32 degrees !

1 like

That sounds amazing (highly jealous!) Wind is terrible! but after a day of running against the wind the quite days feel that much easier.

Hopefully will cool down for tonights race (attempting another 10K)

2 likes

Ooh! Good luck with the race!

Isn't autumn lovely :)

2 likes

It is - just need to watch out for those slippery leaves though!

1 like

Love this Ully.... my run this morning, not as beautiful as this.. but all about listening..:)

Thank you for sharing this lovely image.. it is, good to be alive :)

1 like

😊😊

What a beautiful post. That run must have been so calm - great start to the day :) It was foggy here too this morning, but I was a woozer and waited till this afternoon to go running.

1 like

Thanks. It was special.

I can almost feel the moist, cold air on my face just by looking at that photo. Thanks for posting :-)

1 like

You may also like...