First post-grad run, yes I can still do it!

Hi all. First run after graduation today. I decided I would try running late morning for a change, which meant planning my food etc. Bit scary making the change but I feel I need to mix things up a bit. I dont want to get to a point where I can only run if.........

Then- do I take Laura or not? Mmmmm, I need to be able to run without Laura sometimes, lovely though she is. So Laura was left at home and I decided to run free - cue Roger Daltrey and The Who๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ I'm Free!๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ! Sorry, showing my age there!

Took my own music, thanks poppypug for the pointer to Spotify, perfect, ran to The Monkeys, a by-gone age but I really enjoyed it! And I just ran, did what I wanted! Brilliant! I ended up running 2.5k easy pace, then did a further 1k fartlek, used the trees as my markers.....Oooooohhh thats how it feels to run faster! Thank goodness for the slower intervals๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป. Total of 33mins so Im not fast but Im happy. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Me and my running gear are off to Cyprus for couple of weeks tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜Ž, will try to run as I am a bit concerned about loosing the habit, but if its too hot/ humid I will definitely be walking and swimming๐ŸŠ๐Ÿผ Happy running all!

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Aw that's great Jacs-W !

Sounds like you had a really good run there . Spotify is really good isn't it ? Always something on there that suits.

Have a great holiday, enjoy yourself ! :-) xxx

• Yes a great run Poppy, and Spotify is great, thanks for the pointer ๐Ÿ˜€

• Sounds great. Enjoy your holidays!

• That's the way to do it! That's great that you have those ideas, some people find the transition from slogging away non stop to planning your own runs a bit hard. Well done, enjoy your holiday!

You may also like...