Post grad run

Having missed my first post grad run with my fellow 30/5 graduates I bounced out of bed this morning at half 4 and set off with my four legged running buddy in tow and my graduation motar board and gown over my normal running gear :-)

I decided to take Laura along with me for old times sake and we set off after the normal warm up routine.

It was bloody hard !!!!

Ran for a total of 33 minutes and 6km but have really heavy legs just now.

I think I will stick to my original plan of 3 runs p.w. (1 x 3km fast run, 1 x 5km normal run and 1 x 6km plus, eventually getting to 10km.) Fast run to come on Thursday.

Happy running and resting to all today - the rain is sooooo good :D

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, that's brilliant! Blimey, I could only manage 5.5K in 40 minutes yesterday! Have a good week :)

• Thanks treemouse. And a good week to you too

• Sounds like a great run and a sensible plan for the future. Well done - you're doing really well!

• Thanks ullyrunner. I'll do this for a few weeks and see how it goes and perhaps gradually increase the shorter run

• Hi runner56....post grad run sounds so great, doesn't it! Also you sound soooo professional in your approach....good luck and let us know how you're doing!

• Wow. Professional!!! Me!!! :D

It is something I used to do many years ago when I was a dedicated treadmiller. Hopefully it works for me again this time :-)

• It certainly sounds awesome to me...!

You may also like...