Wk8R2......and new running shoes ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Š

Wk8R2......and new running shoes ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well after a terrible attempt on Monday evening (I couldn't even call it a practice run, high humidity, too hot, asthma) I took a few days off, but managed r2 of w8 this morning. Had to reverse my route due to a 10k race, but it was ok. It was raining so hard here yesterday that I just didn't fancy a run, so I went to my local sports shop and bought my first proper running shoes! I can't say they have improved my performance (soooo slow!) but they will help with my over pronation I hope. Gorgeous morning, just me, the kestrels, buzzards and bunnies and the blackberries were delicious on the way back๐Ÿ˜‹ Here you go, new shoes, rather plain compared to the rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ colours available but they were the only ones to fit my big wide flat feet ๐Ÿ‘ฃ (and they're men's ๐Ÿ˜ž), but still way better than my ancient Reeboks!

6 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Pic of shoes please - it's the tradition here :) Hope they are everything and more that you hope for :)

• Thanks Irish-John , will try and post a sideways photo later! Oh yes, it's sideways!!!!

• Great! Posting a photo of new shoes has been scientifically proven to add ten percent to their fleetness. ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Sounds like a perfect morning run! Hope your new shoes bring you many enjoyable miles!

• Nice - my first pair of running shoes were New Balance and I grieved when I had to throw them away. Did you see the TV programme about how they are made - it was in the NB factory I think.

• Thank you Ullyrunner I hope they will be great, just need to wear them in a bit! I did see that programme, it was fascinating, but have checked and sadly mine were made in China :-(

You may also like...