Muddy Run

Muddy Run

My reason for starting C25k was that in an effort to restore some work life balance I signed up for a 5k obstacle race. Not being able to run, crawl, climb or do any of the activities needed for the event, this was a bit bonkers!

However, after a couple of months training - and reaching week 8 of C25k, I set out on the run last Sunday. When I arrived at the site I was completely petrified. However , with the support of two of my children I did it and it was great fun! A bit like being 5 years old again!

My reason for posting about this is firstly to thank you all for the advice which helped so much! The run was mainly uphill so I did much walking but on the running bits tried to remember all about going slowly, running, breathing etc. The second reason is that I feel so proud!

But mainly I wanted to recommend muddy runs to you as being fantastic fun! As a 61 yr old, very unfit person I never thought I'd do this. If I can do this anyone can!

Now back to Wk8 !

17 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done Tess! That sounds such fun :D

• Thanks! The atmosphere and team work were lovely. The mud smelled awful!

• Well done . Love the picture. I'm only 60. Think I'll wait till 61 when more grown up before I do the "Muddy Run".

• Not sure being grown up is an asset! Playing in mud can be done at any age!

• I'm impressed. Don't think I would have had the courage to do that!

• If you wanted to do it it isn't as hard as it seems at a distance. Everyone is very keen to help everyone else.

• Holy smokes. That's hardcore. Well done.

• A family mud run - sounds great!

• It was fun - and I think could become addictive!

• Wow! Well done! πŸ˜„

• Oh TessHardy what a fab picture! You did it. I'm all inspired again (putting MuddyRun on my list) :)

• Thanks McFitty ! Go for it!

• Good for you. I'm 68 and tempted.

• Why not sign up and go for it? The great thing about this one was that there were routes round each obstacle so no penalties or compulsion. Very low key and supportive.

• Brilliant, well done! Great photo too. I will put this onto my 60th birthday 'to do' list next yearπŸ˜‰πŸƒπŸ»πŸΎ

• Thanks! Great idea ! I wish I'd had a go sooner but the gremlins made me think I couldn't possibly do it!

• Well done Tess!!

You may also like...