A proud mum moment

A proud mum moment

My 10 year old beautiful daughter ran with me today on her own initiative.

We did the 5 minute warm-up walk and the started running. I ran as slowly as I could and she kept going for 18 minutes. Then we walked for 2 minutes, stopped at a water post, ran for 5, walked for 2, ran for 5 and finished our first run together off with a stop at an outdoor gym, where we did a few strength exercises before we headed home.

I'm so proud of my little, strong girl :-)

28 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Oh bless her well done little one x

• That is so good , well done , she has certainly achieved a lot in her first run. what a lovely thing for a mum and daughter to do together

Great picture as well :-)

• Yes, I hope she falls in love with running too. That would be magnificent!

• Oh Iben , that is so lovely !

You are proud of her, and I bet she is so so proud of her beautiful Mum .

Well done to both of you ! xxxx

• Thank you Poppypug :-) She's only 10 but beginning to act like a teenager sometimes. Embarrassed about everything we, her parents, do. But actually I think you are right - she is secretly proud that I have taken up running and have lost quite a bit of weight. :-)

• Lovely picture and memory to have of the two of you. Proud mum moment indeed ;)

• Very, very proud :-)

• What a lovely run โ˜บ

• Wonderful :-)

• Gorgeous pic... Proud mum moments are just the BEST! I hope you have hundreds more Iben. I'm sure you will! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thank you McFitty, I have those moments all the time. Can't help it โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜„

• Beautiful picture! It sounds like a great run together. She did very well and you both look so happy ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thank you Lavender.

• What a lovely photo! So good she wanted to join her mum! :) :)

• :-) Yes, brilliant :-)

• Well done both of you! Sounds like a great run that you both enjoyed๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thanks aliboo, I think went slow enough for her to actually enjoy it. That really is the key :-)

• Running with family is a great joy.

Keep running, keep smiling.

• Ah well done - how lovely to do this together!

• Thank you Ully ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

• How wonderful that you inspire your daughter, envious of your run together, no way mine would run with me ๐Ÿ™„

• Ah, maybe she can be turned around, your daughter. How old is she?

• I doubt it. She tried it, didn't like it, and with her that's that,

She is older tho, 20 in December

• She might come around when she sees what it is doing for her mother's good looks and health๐Ÿ˜Š My entire family has started running (well, I signed them all up for a zombie run in September, so you could say I pushed them a bit).

• Ooh zombies!!

Enjoy your family outing

• This is so awesome!

• Thanks John :-)

You may also like...