:) Just overcome a mental block

and ran from home- to the reservoir, around the res and then back home and managed to run (all be it I was rather only JUST running at some points towards the end) but managed to run 51 minutes and 34 seconds in all before I got home and fell (gracefully ;) ) onto the sofa... I CONFESS- i did not walk to cool down but just sat and drank water until my heart rate recovered (within 1, maybe 1 1/2 minutes)

Sadly, my MAPMYRUN ap was on pause all along :( so it didn't log it BUT I have manually worked it out on the site at 6.18K- I am thrilled to bits because:

1) I had a mental block with this route- I had walked/ran it during the C25K and remembered the 5 minute run being really hard, and Recall Peter laughing at me saying i sounded like a steam train , shortly before he pulled his calf muscle :/ and,

2) I have only managed a maximum 42 minutes before as I have then reached home and had enough.

This has proved that it can be done and whilst I did run slower at the end, I can do it :) and i only graduated 9 days ago. I think this will be my once week longer run for a few weeks :)

Fabulous! thrilled! Happy! Fulfilled! I LOVE this programme and all the lovely people here!

:D :D :D

Janet xxx

13 Replies

• Wow! Well done. That's fantastic! Great achievement!!

• Thanks Toon... My speed might not be up to much but I ran for longer than before :D

• Just done a little skip of happiness around the garden in honour of your No Restraint Reservoir Run though I don't think we can allow 'only just running' 'cos running is running. I run slower than the dog can walk up hills but it still counts (please don't anyone tell me if it doesn't). :)

• lol Slookie.... thank you for doing that lil skip for me :D

There were a few times i wanted to walk but even though I knew it wouldn't affect my time, I thought "No, running slower is still the right movement" ;) and is harder than walking so I kept running/lumbering/almost falling lol but still used energy.

It all counts!

• Oh well done you!! So much of this seems to be a mental hurdle as well as physical doesn't it - look forward to hearing about your next run :0)

• Thank you Runningknitter (nice to meet you)

I had made my mind up I WOULD Conquer that route and made sure i ate properly yesterday so there were no excuses. What week are you on? This programme is amazing! Ten weeks ago, the 60 second runs were tough and now- 50 minutes :) it's fab! :)

• Nice to meet you too :0). I have just completed Week 7 today - and it felt so good! I am beginning to understand this runner's high now (as long as it is the one when you have finished!!!). 50 minutes is seriously impressive!

• Ooh what an impressive run!!!! What an achievement, you are an inspiration, keep it up!!! X

• :D Bless you marly... thank you but inspiration is a bit much, a lovely compliment but there are many others more inspiring :)

• That's really cool! You are doing fabulously. You might want to think about doing the B210K and signing up for a race to keep yourself motivated? Well done xxx

• thank you Kickibro,

I was thinking about doing the B210K last week once i graduated BUT decided to try and run a bit longer and improve my breathing- i.e. keep running until I find the breathing easier ( I don't know if that ever happens though lol) and then start the B210K. I don't want to push too much too soon.

Another thing is, I just cannot run three days on a run- I might manage two days on the run but then definitely need a day off, and not sure if the longer running programmes demand more days running, but certainly want to look at something else to keep me going.

I have signed up for ParkRun now I can do 5K though.

Which B210K would you recommend ?

Thank you,

Janet x

• I tried the B210K but found it really hard lol so I just decided to increase my runs gradually and I signed up for a 10k to give me something to work for. I have done 2 x 10k races now and have signed up for a half marathon and so I have gone back to the B210K and am just doing the last quarter of it and then moving to do the HM training app. I am using the Zenlabs one and it seems pretty good. Don't do as I did though and force a 10k as I injured myself like that and couldn't run for 2 weeks :D

Do try the C25K+ podcasts as they are quite challenging, especially Stamina and Speed and you can do different ones on different days.

I do run 3 x weekly but I run every other day and have 2 days off a week because I am a bit lazy. I do try to walk or do a DVD on my days off though, but that doesn't always come off :D xxx

• That's fantastic! 51 minutes! Whoop whoop, well done. Glad you have registered for parkrun too, I love it, it makes me push a bit harder than I would if left to my own devices. Hope you enjoy it! x :-D

You may also like...