Week 4 Run 1

Didn't much want to go out running this morning, then got in muddle finding the beginning of the Wk 4 podcast. It meant that I'd already walked for 5 minutes before Laura told me to do my 5 minute warm up walk - is this making sense? Consequently I was 10 minutes walk from home before I started to run so I thought I'd take a different route from normal and then running in a circle I was a still a mile from home by the time I'd finished the four runs.

I thought 3+5+3+5 would kill me but actually it was ok - I think! I'm pretty sure I was running (ok, only slowly) when I was meant to so maybe I can do this.

Currently buoyed up success, I knew it was worth tipping out of bed at 5.30am this morning really. Foolishly, I have now set a date for my first 5k park run - Saturday, 29th October - and told a couple of my work colleagues, so now I have to keep this up.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Any run when technology throws a wobbly is a double success in my book so well done to you πŸ˜€ You have my admiration for signing up to Park Run too. πŸ‘

• Thank you - as ever, I'm full of good intentions!

• Well done for getting out there despite the gremlins. Strangely that can be when you have a better run. Like you I found the 3+5+3+5 okay. Brave of you to plan your first parkrun but at least you have a goal :-) Happy running.

You may also like...