Run 1 of Week 4!!!!

Run 1 of Week 4!!!!

Can't believe I completed this ..but I did it! It was tough. I drove to my usual spot and just as I got there it started raining but undeterred I got out of the car and set off on my 5 minute warm up walk. As I glanced across the fields there was a gorgeous rainbow so I had to pause Laura to take a photo.

The first 3 minute run was ok but the five minute was tough. I was sure I'd ran for a lot longer when she said you're halfway there! But I seemed to find a nice (slow) pace and settled in to it. I enjoyed the second 5 minute run more, but I can't imagine running for any longer than 5 minutes though!

10 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • What a beautiful picture. I'm so glad that the weather has turned. I can't imagine having to do this week in the summer. Well done for doing this. I also felt that the 5 mins was my max.

• Thank you! Every week we surprise ourselves though lol

• I had a rainbow once at the end of a 30 min run. Pretty special isn't it. It feels like its just for you.๐ŸŒˆ

I loved week 4 and stayed on it longer than I needed to, but you will be able to go further, honestly, just trust in the plan. Good luck and enjoy it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• It felt a long time running for 5 minutes but by the end I still felt quite comfortable even though I was so glad it was over. The walking intervals really help.

• Hiya. I felt same as you and took me a couple of tries to complete the final 5 mins but I was elated when I did! Keep going!

• I will do ! :)

• Running for more than 5 minutes is impossible! But don't forget that a couple of weeks ago running for more than 1 minute was an equally daunting prospect. You can do it - it's a brain thing.

Marvellous photo by the way.

• haha yep I do remember struggling to run for 60 seconds at a time :) I will keep at it.

• Well done debze.

I have just completed week 4 today, and after my rest day tomorrow I will then attempt to start week 5, and the final run of that week includes a 20 minute non-stop run!! God only knows how I'm going to cope with that, but I'm certainly going to give it a bloody good go!

It sounds like you are still only just behind me...so keep on running gal! :)

• Thank you! and well done to you too! I was planning on running tonight after work but been in a meeting all day and by the time I got home it was raining and coming in dark...gutted! Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow before work.

good luck with week 5! :)

You may also like...