Thank goodness for Lidl!

So morning dawned, all my running gear donned, well almost there's still those gremlin shoes 😬 So blister plasters still in place, smother them in Vaseline, two pair of socks - now the shoes. They are not just gremlins they are foot killing monsters!!! No way can I ever run again 😱😱

Then in the middle of my panic I remember hubby bought me a pair of lovely cheap ones in Lidl - put them on and they are kind gentle shoes. So I have to rethink my route as I'm not confident the soles would give enough grip on the surfaces I normally run on, especially as it's rainy today. This means facing another gremlin - running through the village and people may see me😱

But I've done it, I dashed past the bakers where they know me and hid my face as I passed homes of people I knew and then I was safely on the far side of the village. Grass verge has been cut so nice to run on and I was able to enjoy a different view, startled lots of rabbits, bravely ran through a farm yard, did this in a hurry as wasn't sure if I should be there! Then I'm in the park and nearly done. I had to complete 2 circuits of the park which has made me realise how much further I now go.

But thanks to those lovely bargain shoes from Lidl I have completed week 9 Run2 and my feet don't feel any worse than before so all good. 😀 Would it be wrong to beat the devil shoes with a stick ?😡

19 Replies

• Well done with the run just 30 minutes to go now and why not do a John Cleese on your shoes and give them a dammed good thrashing.

• Well done that husband - Lidl shoes to the rescue! So glad you managed to run - one left to get that shiny graduation badge!☺

• Well done darling. Nearly there. You can have a new pair of Lidl runners for your graduation :)

• Gee thanks !!

• He's such a generous man, isn't he?

• Yep! I've emailed Go Outdoors about the devil shoes so let's see what they have to say.

• Great stuff!. Only one more to go, happy days.

• Well done, you! Nearly there!

• Brilliant, good idea to run in the village One to go.

I thought of you as soon as I woke up - well second after ow my foot hurts!

I had worried that my Aldi shoes were not good enough but two shops said they were fine, missing the chance to sell me expensive ones and after your experience I am more than happy to stick with them.

• OP that's fantastic!! Only one more. Squeeeeeee🎈🎈🎈🎈 So glad the blisters didn't hinder you and... you ran past the bakers! Bravery AND running panache ;)

• Well done OldPossum! :) I was somewhat tempted by the Lidl shoes, so that I could be fully co-ordinated right to my toes, but decided that since I land on the inside of my feet (over pronating? I can never remember!) I'd better stick with my nice NB shoes. But very glad they worked for you!

Take those gremlin shoes back and get your money back!

• Well done! Only one more run to go then you run free!!! Can you take the beastly shoes back???

• I'm going to try an email to Head Office on the suggestion of a friend on the basis that as a beginner I should have expected more help. I looked the shoes up on line - they have actually sold me footwear for mountain running !!! Trust me I do not look like a mountain runner :-) I will keep everyone posted though. Does seem ironic that I got on fine with a £14.99 pair and the £90 blistered me ouch both financially and physically :-)

• There's a lesson there. I think the expensive ones aren't suitable and you never should have been Sold them Good luck complaining.

• Glad to hear it went well. Definitely need to do something about those wretched shoes.!

• Saw loads of adverts in a running mag my daughter lent me (she thinks I'm a real runner like her now, so happy to bask in the glory) for really expensive running shoes. I ignore them after reading these posts! Cheer for Lidl!

• Beat those terrible shoes, put a towel over them first to preserve them for return!😡. However, well done you with your 'lidl' marvels!! Got you around in style and you bagged that one - upward and onward to the g-line!! Oooooh so exciting...........

Glad the heels stood up to it - ouch!

• If Go Outdoors aren't helpful they are in for a serious thrashing - no towel 😡😡

• You go get 'em girl!

You may also like...